zune, from microsoft

Guest tandylacker

And then came the warnings before I did anything, while I did anything, and after I did anything.

That's exactly what my mate said. He was at his wit's end with it. :realmad

this isn't anything at all like my experience of macs, but it's pretty funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05DqxJMch58&NR

:lol That video has been floating around a long time. I used to work at the help desk for a company that was primarily Mac-based and we used to play that video at least once a day. Funny stuff. There's a lot truth in there, but you could easily flip it around and do the same kind of treatment to Windows. Ultimately, I don't have a strong preference for one over the other. I've considered buying a Mac before, but the price tag is a hurdle for me.

I currently own an Windows PC and an Apple iPod, so I guess I'm basically just a lemming, following the whims of society...

Of course, if you want to really be a rebel you could just run Linux instead. B)

my biggest bitch about apple is they have largely stopped selling computers (and related goods) and have been in the business of marketing a lifestyle. it bugs me when i watch movies and tv shows and see the iconic apple on desks in the background. i've even seen police stations using apple computers on tv. crazy stupid product placements make me really go limp on supporting this company.

yawn.

go buy a product that you like and roll with it. all this attacking is just damn ridiculous. tandy you like the zune? awesome; i'm happy for you. you got a fast pc? great! i will stick with my apple products but will promise not to hit you over the head with them b/c you prefer a different thing.

maker, i mean this in all due respect, but you may be my polar opposite. every time i read one of your posts, i can't disagree with it more (95% of the time). but that's cool.

and let's not open this can about mp3s vs. flacs or oggs again...we get it.

my biggest bitch about apple is they have largely stopped selling computers (and related goods) and have been in the business of marketing a lifestyle. it bugs me when i watch movies and tv shows and see the iconic apple on desks in the background. i've even seen police stations using apple computers on tv. crazy stupid product placements make me really go limp on supporting this company.

The product placements have been around forever. Even before the iPod came out and the company increased its cultural "coolness" rating, the Apple logo was ubiquitous in movies and TV shows. I remember commenting at the time that movies were like a window into a weird alternate reality where people actually used Macs. :lol

The product placements have been around forever. Even before the iPod came out and the company increased its cultural "coolness" rating, the Apple logo was ubiquitous in movies and TV shows. I remember commenting at the time that movies were like a window into a weird alternate reality where people actually used Macs. :lol

absolutely! it's gotten worse as of late, though. it used to be the only time you saw a mac was in a movie or in a school. i wonder what % of the desktops in the world are running os x. it's got to be more than 10% by now.