dr. dog + bobby bare, jr.

Dr. Dog

Bobby Bare, Jr.

3/20/07 Larimer Lounge, Denver

These are two of the most animated and fun live bands that I've seen in quite a while. If you get a chance to catch them on this tour, do not hesitate!!

Dr. Dog's set:

My Old Ways

The Pretender

Ain't It Strange

Worst Trip

Wake Up

The Girl

Keep A Friend

Easy Beat

Fool's Life

Today

The Way The Lazy Do

Die Die Die

Oh No

-encore-

Say Something

The World May Never Know

Livin' A Dream

These guys are playing here next Wed. I'd never heard of them until a couple days ago I was scanning the listings of upcoming shows. Dr Dog sounded like blues cover band or something, so I didn't pay much attention. I take it they are pretty good, then?

:lol definitely not a blues cover band. they are great live, and i love the new album "we all belong". think three-part-harmonies and good, poppy songs. the album has lots of horns that aren't represented on stage (tough with a 5-man line-up) but what the live show lacks in grand instrumentation it more than makes up for in raw energy. you should go.

I've got to see two shows on this tour,and blown away by both.Got to hang out with the guys in Columbia and haven't met a nicer group of gents,their energy blows me away,their music is such a breathe of fresh air.Wilco's management needs to get on these guys.