Sky Blue Sky Facebook Group

Guest tandylacker

Is there really a point to this Facebook site?

And more so, is there really a point to a Sky Blue Sky Facebook group? I mean, I already have the cover art tatooed on my back--life size.

Yikes.

Seriously, I joined the Facebook thing, I thought I was going to get a sticker or something. :dontgetit

I'm in too.

I'm impressed that the facebook network has as many Wilco related groups as they do. I joined a few others that i looked up

after i joined the SBS. There's even an Uncle Tupelo group and a Jay Bennett group.

FYI, there is one group there that pisses me off...the supposed fan/idiot who ruined a concert and got punched by Tweedy last year decided to make a facebook group about the incident, complete with a link to the pitchfork article and the youtube video documenting his couple minutes of fame. I suspect he did it to continue to bring some further undeserved attention to himself. Idiot.

Luckily, most people who joined the group(i wasnt among them) were apparently Wilco fans who just wanted to rip on him. Serves him right. I dont really want to post a link to the site, simply b/c i feel the best thing to do is just ignore it.

I've joined the gang but I have no idea why. Word up, homeskillet. This is the first time I've bothered to log in to facebook since I joined months ago. Literally. :shifty

Also, before I even noticed all the Malkmusness of socbret's avatar/sig, I was just noticing that the little facebook logo guy is a little Stephen Malkmus looking. Possibly Jonathan Richman looking as well.

FYI, there is one group there that pisses me off...the supposed fan/idiot who ruined a concert and got punched by Tweedy last year decided to make a facebook group about the incident, complete with a link to the pitchfork article and the youtube video documenting his couple minutes of fame. I suspect he did it to continue to bring some further undeserved attention to himself. Idiot.

That's ridiculous. :huh

I've joined the gang but I have no idea why. Word up, homeskillet. This is the first time I've bothered to log in to facebook since I joined months ago. Literally. :shifty

Also, before I even noticed all the Malkmusness of socbret's avatar/sig, I was just noticing that the little facebook logo guy is a little Stephen Malkmus looking. Possibly Jonathan Richman looking as well.

That's Jeff Tweedy's Odd Job Jack character sir.

oddjobtweedy.png

Btw: Any VC'ers that want officer status just send me a message on facebook with the tag you want.

Oh, I recognize the illustrated Tweedy. I'm familiar with the show. (And I'm shocked and appalled that you'd think I would not recognize it, sir :brow )

The Malkmus looking facebook thing I was referring to is this:

facebook_logo.jpg

which upon closer inspection isn't really all that Malkmussy but is still a little Jonathan Richmanish.

Oh, I recognize the illustrated Tweedy. I'm familiar with the show. (And I'm shocked and appalled that you'd think I would not recognize it, sir :brow )

facebook_logo.jpg

which upon closer inspection isn't really all that Malkmussy but is still a little Jonathan Richmanish.

Ohh I see, haha. Well I mean...I just assumed it was really small on your screen, and your monitor was on the fritz, and you didn't have your glasses on. I agree with the little bit of Richman, maybe in the chin, or eyes...

facebook_logo.jpg

ever since i got facebook (like 2 years ago?) i thought that guy looked like malkmus...thanks for some validation as most of my friends dont know who he is