Green Gloves *

Mr. November

*with St. Vincent

fixed it for you!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't keep a setlist, but the national in denver on tuesday were fucking incredible!! they capped off a great long weekend of music that included okkervil river, monolith festival and lcd soundsystem/arcade fire. i'm still reeling...

1423981935_376f09d0a4_m.jpg

1423987221_7adac374a7_m.jpg

1423995381_1f226184f0_m.jpg

1424883794_ae9536937e_m.jpg

that's kyle taking a picture on the lower right... haha. his probably turned out better than mine.

i :wub the national....

I'm quibbling with a great cd but it is just that Bridget sometimes sucks donkey balls and is wrong.

heeeeeeey! why is it that i'm just noticing this statement NOW?!?!? you must have written that around the time you were mad at me for missing You Am I - which i STILL regret, by the way.

anyhoo, you're probably right, T... but still Boxer is poised to be the album of the year for me. donkey balls or no.

heeeeeeey! why is it that i'm just noticing this statement NOW?!?!? you must have written that around the time you were mad at me for missing You Am I - which i STILL regret, by the way.

anyhoo, you're probably right, T... but still Boxer is poised to be the album of the year for me. donkey balls or no.

Oops sorry Bridg!

I meant monkey balls.

Sounds like a great time and that's Padme Newsome (sp?) with the violin isn't it? What a madman. I really enjoyed seeing these guys in the spring. Don't think Berringer (again sp!) opened his eyes once and seemed to kill a litre of red wine during the show.

Oops sorry Bridg!

I meant monkey balls.

Sounds like a great time and that's Padme Newsome (sp?) with the violin isn't it? What a madman. I really enjoyed seeing these guys in the spring. Don't think Berringer (again sp!) opened his eyes once and seemed to kill a litre of red wine during the show.

you're funny. :cheekkiss

it was definitely a great time. the violinist was awesome, and matt (berninger, btw) did open his eyes quite often, though he seemed a bit nervous between songs. he was drinking white wine, and thought he had a floatie at one point... it turned out to be something stuck to the bottom of his cup. well, it was entertaining at the time.

• 5 weeks later...
FYI: The National did a Daytrotter interview last summer. As always, a few songs are available for free.

I noticed too late to grab their cover of "Pretty In Pink," which was capped at 5000 downloads. (If anybody happens to have it, I'd love to snag a copy.)

If you don't have it by morning, I'll send it your way. It's on my computer at work.

For me, I listened to it in the car a couple times and really didn't get it. Then, one day at work I kept singing "some tune" in my head. Turned out it was one of the songs on Boxer. Then I listened to it again for about a week straight.

If you can, find the White Sessions. I think those recordings may be better than any official releases they have had.

For me, I listened to it in the car a couple times and really didn't get it. Then, one day at work I kept singing "some tune" in my head. Turned out it was one of the songs on Boxer. Then I listened to it again for about a week straight.

If you can, find the White Sessions. I think those recordings may be better than any official releases they have had.

Which ones? There seem to be several different dates from this year.

Which ones? There seem to be several different dates from this year.

I'm not sure...I don't recall it being called anything other than the White Sessions. I have them on my computer at work, but I won't be back there until Monday.