• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you get too excited - after all, you have Braden Looper in your starting rotation. That's obviously why LaRussa has been drinking so much.

oh, I don't expect the Cardinals to do much - nor the Sox - 500 ball for both. :hmm

However, that doesn't mean I won't be watching excessive amounts of it ;)

One bright spot of following the Texas Rangers...

I get to follow the best young infield in the AL

Michael Young

Mark Teixeira

Ian Kinsler

Hank Blaylock

SAM-MY!!!! SAM-MY!!!! SAM-MY!!!!!

SAH ME SOSA...I lah heem!!!

A return engagement for Sammy...

We STILL hate Harlod fucking Baines here.

I never knew the Texas Rangers actually had fans.... :P

Nice...

Kick a man when his team is down.

We had a great run in the mid-90's, but had to face the Yankees all three years in the first round of the playoffs.

Yeah, but you guys had Juan Gone.

Yes indeed we did...and Pudge Rodriguez and Reuben Sierra.

What Sierra did to himself is a tragedy. He muscled up and lost his limberness and bat speed. (May have been roids, may have been just too much pumping iron. :cryin

Letting Pudge go was a TERRIBLE mistake. 'He's caught too many innings, he's gonna break down. He doesn't know how to handle a pitching staff". BULL SHIT

He's won his ring...almost got another with Detroit.

We had a great run in the mid-90's, but had to face the Yankees all three years in the first round of the playoffs.

Right around the time that co-GM W. Bush sold off Sammy, no?

Amazing how Bush "invested" around $600,000 for under a 2% portion of the team with other people's money and came away $14-15 million richer under a decade later by selling that same percentage back. Amazing.

Nice...

Kick a man when his team is down.

I am only teasing - though seriously, I have never actually met a Rangers fan. :cheekkiss

oh, I don't expect the Cardinals to do much - nor the Sox - 500 ball for both. :hmm

However, that doesn't mean I won't be watching excessive amounts of it ;)

The Cardinals had a .516 record last year and won the World Series. It's all about peaking at the right time.

With the beginning of another season I offer up a sappy yet poignant quote to help kick things off. If anyone has read A Great and Glorious Game, they know that this man had a sincere passion for the game of baseball.

I've always dug this guy- partly because I went to high school down the street from Yale (even had his wife as a teacher and their kids as classmates) where he was President from the mid-70s to mid-80s, partly because he was a hard-core Red Sox fan, partly because he was a serious man of Literature, but mostly because he was a fair and decent man.

Banning Pete Rose for life from the game wasn't an easy decision, and it weighed heavy on him (as did the three-pack-a-day smoking habit) but in the end he did what he thought was the right thing to do for The Game.

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone."

-A. Bartlett Giamatti

And:

"When I was seven years old, my father took me to Fenway Park for the first time, and as I grew up I knew that as a building it was on the level with Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's Capitol, the Czar's Winter Palace and the Louvre. Except, of course, that it was better than all those inconsequential places."

well playing .500 ball will be worse for the Sox than the Cards - no way can you contend in the AL Central with that kind of record. Last year Ozzie said that winning 90 games should be a ticket to the postseason......bzzzzzzz wrong.

--

and.....today is the day!!! woooohoooo!

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone."

-A. Bartlett Giamatti

:cheers

I'll miss Jerry Trupiano reading that on the air this year.

having just completed watching a run of spring training games in florida last week, i am ready for tonight and wish my first name was nook.

self-proclaimed holiday tomorrow afternoon as well. this may be the cubs best chance to get over .500, and i am not going to miss it.