Darth Vader, Wilco & You.

Yes! Finally, church is worth it!

Just be careful to pony up when they pass the collection plate around or you may end up frozen in carbonite.

022304han.jpg

you guys are thinking too small. the song has something to do with temptation, a human emotion, not something as deducible as a single drug or drug problem, even if that's what originally started the songwriting here. whatever is chrome was probably jeff's source of temptation. something like the container his painkillers were in maybe? I really dont know these things, and its not entirely important, because, suffice to say, i understand the song on an emotional level. Nothing embodies the conflict that the song represents better than Tweedy's solo, which sounds struggling, resistant to a beautiful evil, on the verge of giving in. But does he give in? This is what I've always wondered. In terms of real life documentation, we all do know that Jeff went into rehab right around that time, so it can be assumed that his problems were present. But man, I really still can not tell whether or not, in the context of the song, he gives in. What do yall think?

I don't think the song contains that episode. It seems like there is no mention of contest, just a strange and sleepy decent into something comfortable, otherworldly and suspect. It always reminds me of the scene in Train Spotting when McGregor OD's and he falls through the carpeted floor while Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" is playing.

Yes! Finally, church is worth it!

:worship