Now Playing April 2007

I'd be curious to hear that as well if possible.... :cheers

Listening to an interview with the Arctic Monkeys on Radio 1 last night and apparently their new record was influenced by QOTSA, they wanted to get a bit "harder". I've not heard the new one yet, anyone care to say if it is??

NP:

B000MTDRJU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V43210877_AA240_.jpg

Not as bad as I was expecting - quite good actually... :rock

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be curious to hear that as well if possible.... :cheers

Listening to an interview with the Arctic Monkeys on Radio 1 last night and apparently their new record was influenced by QOTSA, they wanted to get a bit "harder". I've not heard the new one yet, anyone care to say if it is??

NP:

B000MTDRJU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V43210877_AA240_.jpg

Not as bad as I was expecting - quite good actually... :rock

easily one of the worst records of the last 5 years for me, and 100% without a doubt the worst thing i've heard all year, no question.

there is a reason it's currently got the lowest rating of the year on Metacritic....

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/stooges/weirdness

B000MTFG1M.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V24007710_AA240_.jpg

The soon-to-be-released Limited Editions of several of the S&TFS albums are up on Oink in FLAC, and they sound fantastic. :)

I may have to drop a chunk of cash for the first six albums shortly after they come out. I love me some Sly. :yes

Wow! Well... how bizarre... I've certainly heard a lot worse records than that one this week, let alone this year! Oh well!

Something a little different now:

lewisandclarke-blastsofholybirth.gif

:wub

the lyrics on the new Stooges are some of the worst that i've heard EVER honestly... Iggy's vocal performance is pretty shitty too. that Sum 41 collabo he did a while ago was even better, and it was terrible.

you really like that new Lewis & Clarke huh? i dig it, but not even REMOTELY as much as Bare Bones & Branches unfortunately :ohwell

amazing artwork tho

Yeah, had a proper copy through, it's a lovingly packaged disc, that's for sure.

I've not been able to get hold of any of their other material, my main sources weren't upto it! But I love this record, so nice and intricately woven music.

B000MTFG1W.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V24008611_AA240_.jpg

What does it sound like compared to the old CD version? (If you've heard it of course). I'm in two minds about buying that one, even though I have purchased the Life & Fresh remasters (because I never had Life on cd before, and my old cd version of Fresh is a different mix than the official one).

PersonPitchCover300.jpg

This just keeps getting better and better - I think it's the change in the weather.

What does it sound like compared to the old CD version? (If you've heard it of course).

I have the old CD, and it pretty much sucks. That said, I haven't bothered to listen to it in a very long time (because of its suckitude), so it'd be hard to describe specific differences.

I will only say that this new version sounds very, very good -- at least to my ears. I'm listening in high-quality headphones, and it's not disappointing me in the least.

I have the old CD, and it pretty much sucks. That said, I haven't bothered to listen to it in a very long time (because of its suckitude), so it'd be hard to describe specific differences.

I will only say that this new version sounds very, very good -- at least to my ears. I'm listening in high-quality headphones, and it's not disappointing me in the least.

Cool. I guess I'll have to buy that one too then. Yeah, the original cd does suck quite a bit - it's incredibly flat, but I wasn't sure if that was part of the charm of the album (especially given the back story of the making) or just a fault of the tranfer to cd.

NP>

106_large.jpg

Cool. I guess I'll have to buy that one too then. Yeah, the original cd does suck quite a bit - it's incredibly flat, but I wasn't sure if that was part of the charm of the album (especially given the back story of the making) or just a fault of the tranfer to cd.

There are certainly some issues with the original recording that reappear on this CD ... for example, the vocals on both versions of "Runnin' Away" still have the same little pops and clicks that are on other versions I've heard -- I think that's just a flaw of the recording. It is also a bit flat in places ... the difference with this remaster is that it's not godawfully muddy like it was on the first CD version.