Not sure if I missed the post, but it looks like this leaked in full for real. Giving it the first spin now

Here are the tracks I'm showing

1. Better

2. IRS

3. There was a Time

4. Catcher in the Rye

5. Chinese Democracy

6. The Blues

7. Madagascar

8. Rhiad and the Bedouins

9. Oh My God

10 Silkworms

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard one or two of these and was not impressed. If there's anything worth listening to, let me know.

It takes over a decade to make that shitty of an album huh, Axel sucks. Slash made GnR and everyone knows it.

• 11 months later...
Dr Pepper Sweetens Pot For 'Chinese Democracy'

Axl Rose

March 26, 2008, 11:30 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Many have tried, but so far nobody has been able to pry the decade-in-the-works Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" from the hands of lone remaining original member Axl Rose.

Now, Dr. Pepper thinks it's up to the challenge. The soft drink company says it will give a free can of Dr Pepper to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" arrives anytime during the calendar year 2008.

"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love," Dr Pepper director of marketing Jaxie Alt says. "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as 'Dr Pepper for the ears' because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds - an instant classic."

Dr Pepper has also launched a blog in conjunction with its offer. GNR's label, Interscope, was unavailable for comment at deadline.

"Chinese Democracy" was most recently scheduled for release on March 6, 2007, but promptly vanished from the schedule without a new date being set. It will be the first Guns N' Roses album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident"; in the ensuing decade, the group has burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.

I'm sure there will be some mind-bendingly difficult procedure such as filling out forms or writing your Congressman or something that only the true penny pinchers will cash in on. I haven't enjoyed Dr. Pepper for about 20 years now anyway.

I find this wording to be overly optimistic:

It will be the first Guns N' Roses album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident"

I think "would be" is the safer choice here.

Before Bill Gates went all charitable and he was really unpopular for running a near-monopoly, my friend and I concluded that he could dramatically improve his standing by buying everyone in the world an apple fritter.

Yeah.

If by "apple fritter" you mean "Honda Civic," then I'd agree.

C'mon, Bill can afford it.

Who the fuck cares, is my question.

GnR has to be the most deplorable band in the known universe.

Uhhh if this happens how much will this cost Dr Pepper? With 300,000,000 or so people in America and at five cents a can to produce (guestimate) that's approximatey

$15,000,000?! :stunned

PS I don't realy like Dr Pepper...Slash can have mine :lol

I'm sure there will be some mind-bendingly difficult procedure such as filling out forms or writing your Congressman or something that only the true penny pinchers will cash in on. I haven't enjoyed Dr. Pepper for about 20 years now anyway.

Even if they went with "every one who walks into their local supermarket on this particular date gets a free can", they still wouldn't give away all that many.

And if it really happened, the publicity for something like that would have to be worth at leat $15mil to them.

And if it really happened, the publicity for something like that would have to be worth at leat $15mil to them.

Definitely. It's already been a good pub;icity move. kind of weird how a company can just attach itself to a commodity (GnR, here) without consent, though.

Thanks for the great insight.

Not to start an Axl Rose/Ryan Adams/Jeff Tweedy/Van Gogh debate but Appetite for Destruction is a great fucking album.

So I guess I care. Alot.

Not to start an Axl Rose/Ryan Adams/Jeff Tweedy/Van Gogh debate but Appetite for Destruction is a great fucking album.

I'm not a huge fan of that record, but I understand why many people think it's great.

What I've never understood is all the praise for the Use Your Illusion albums. They could easily have condensed the best stuff from those into a single album, and even then it wouldn't have been all that great. Seriously overrated.