• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“For weeks, rumors had been swirling around on the forums that GNR was playing a show at the Whisky on April Fool’s Day as a ‘warm-up’ for the tour. When Steven Adler’s current band Adler cancelled an April 1 show the Whisky, GNR fans saw this as a sign that Steven was joining GNR. But that’s not the case. A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show. I’ve also been told he’s not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever.”

but also, really?, Garcia and Lesh are Adler and Izzy of GNR? Axl, Slash and Duff toured without both of them in 91, 92 and 93. I wonder if you would have said the same thing back then. Izzy is far and away my favorite GNR musician so I think that is a bummer, but Adler??

Oh, that Garcia/Lesh analogy was totally tongue-in-cheek. But Adler is my favorite member of that band so I would say something like that for the hell of it.

Apparently Sorum wasn't even asked, and interesting input from Adler:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-he-wasnt-asked-to-take-part-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Thanks for that a LOT, LC. That's exactly what I wanted to read. 

From AC/DC's web site: "AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian's decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment. AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals. The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced (see below for full itinerary). Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N Roses, Not In This Lifetime Summer Stadium Tour. The 10 postponed U.S shows will be rescheduled and announced imminently, also with Axl Rose.

Angus Young joined the band for a couple of songs at Coachella last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW7wwIRm-9E

I appears that Axl is confirmed to replace Brian Johnson on AC/DC's tour.

That must be an entry for the Guinness Book of Records. In 2016 Axl Rose served as the lead singer for two of the biggest bands in history while perched on a throne.