• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will trounce those sales. It's a really good album. Getting great reviews.

I would like to see Mr. Axl do something more stripped down - such as Patience, which is my favorite GBR song.

Do you think people will buy it because they like it, because of the hype and press surrounding it, or because they happen to be Christmas shopping at Best Buy on Sunday?

I've given it three tries now and it still isn't doing anything for me. In fact, I dislike it more with each listen. I'm done.

Maybe it's because you h8music.

Ha-ha....ok, not funny.

I can understand someone not getting into it. It DOES mostly sound like a trainwreck...but then cool guitar shreds or melodies or Axl's annoyingingly great voice or something unexpected keeps surfacing to keep my interest.

I think it'll sell very well. Each song has multiple hundred thousands of listens.

And I can only imagine the money they'll make on tour.

Are they on sale like the AC/DC catalog?

Best Buy is the only place you can get it - like The Eagles, and AC/DC releases at Walmart, no iTunes or whatever. I have not heard anything about their back catalog being on sale, but I bet Best Buy hopes people will buy the other GNR cds while they are buying the new one.

you would think that after 14 years or however long this has been in the works that Axl would have come up with something a bit more evolved. but no.

1992 called, they want their music (and joke) back.

Best Buy is the only place you can get it - like The Eagles, and AC/DC releases at Walmart, no iTunes or whatever. I have not heard anything about their back catalog being on sale, but I bet Best Buy hopes people will buy the other GNR cds while they are buying the new one.

Wait - what about Queen?

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/11/21/105618.php

Over the time in which Axl was in his self induced exile, it is now obvious that rather than an act of instability or social rejection this was an act of musical evolution. Gone are the days when Rose shared the GNR spotlight with any one musician. This new incarnation of the band is more reminiscent of a metal version of Arthur Lee's Love or Don Van Vilet's Beefheart. Axl is at the helm of this ship and it his personal evolution into new realms of sonic madness, totally foriegn to rock 'n' roll, that make Chinese Democracy nothing short of incredible. It is a record so conceptually powerful in its ideas, so innovative in its sounds, that it will single handidly change the standard by which all rock music is subsiquently compared.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of middle ground when it comes to people's reactions to this album. After a couple of listens I don't find it particularly incredible or offensive. I think I'm just more amazed that I'm listening to "Chinese Democracy" after all these years.