Jeff Tweedy @ The Vic

Was "Love and Mercy" a fan request? I'm a big fan of that song; saw Brian Wilson live a few times a few years ago, and he closed his shows with that song.

It would be interesting to see how many VCer's requested a song last Friday, and Jeff played it. I know there were quite a few. Mine was "New Madrid"; your's was "John Wesley Harding" right? Matt requested "Either Way", ...

Love and Mercy apparently was requested by several people. I know one person who requested it by email and another asked for it in line (I don't remember who in line, but I know who on email.)

I find it extremely humorous that this is a 5 star album on Amazon, yet there are copies for sale for one cent.....get it while you can for the price of the postage....(and many for sale at $3 or under....)

I asked for JWH.

LouieB

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:wave pot kettle black

If I had 2 more requests, I would have asked for Spiders and Sunken Treasure. Both of those are better solo than with the full band. And I love them both with the full band; just shows how great they are when Jeff does them solo.

Did someone request this?

I love that this whole "take one request from everyone" idea that started with the private shows may become a Tweedy "thing", because it's just brilliant. It'll be even more fun when people start requesting more weirdo covers. Anything could happen! :shifty

I requested Auld Triangle. I knew that it was a longshot, and am so glad that Jeff actually played it.

Guest Jules
I requested Auld Triangle. I knew that it was a longshot, and am so glad that Jeff actually played it.

Nice call. Hadn't been played since 2000!

I'm really upset I missed this. Damn Florida vacations. :) Glad you all enjoyed.

I just want to remark how much fun I had meeting all of the cool fans at the front of the line. We froze our toochis (tu kisses) off for several hours but the payoff was when Sue and the kids came out to take our song requests.

Thanks to Lou, Matt, Allison, Amy, Brianne, Edie & Scott, Aaron, and expecially Corrine and Kelly for making my night even more enjoyable than it already was seeing Jeff play.

Morgan great pictures. I was sitting to your left. I know how hard you worked to get just the right shot of Jeff being a standup comedian. I think he was "4 times funnier" that night.

Peace and love :music

Larry

I was hoping to go to this show, but could not because of an Easter vacation.

Great setlist, but someone should have requested "James Alley Blues"

I just want to remark how much fun I had meeting all of the cool fans at the front of the line. We froze our toochis (tu kisses) off for several hours but the payoff was when Sue and the kids came out to take our song requests.

Thanks to Lou, Matt, Allison, Amy, Brianne, Edie & Scott, Aaron, and expecially Corrine and Kelly for making my night even more enjoyable than it already was seeing Jeff play.

Morgan great pictures. I was sitting to your left. I know how hard you worked to get just the right shot of Jeff being a standup comedian. I think he was "4 times funnier" that night.

Peace and love :music

Larry

:wave

glad you had a good time! what song did you request? i don't remember.

I was hoping to go to this show, but could not because of an Easter vacation.

Great setlist, but someone should have requested "James Alley Blues"

oooohhhh good pick, i'll have to remember that one.

Where does a newbeeeee download this show... I am a HUGE tweedy fan who is just getting into the downloading of shows.. Help would be mighty KIND.

Patience.

i think someone said in about a month or so for the recording. i'm sure they will let us know.
Where does a newbeeeee download this show... I am a HUGE tweedy fan who is just getting into the downloading of shows.. Help would be mighty KIND.

:wave Welcome to VC!

There is a rule about waiting a while before requesting a show, but you certainly weren't the first person in this thread to break it.

- Please allow a minimum of 1 week after a show before you request it' date=' as a common courtesy to tapers.[/quote']

There's a whole forum for trading, it's called Greatest Lost Track of All Time, with subforums for trading hard copies, and downloads. Keep an eye out there, and in this thread, and someone will announce when it's ready. :)

"Hummingbird" :yay

How did this sound solo? I wished he had played it on his last solo tour...

Can't wait for the recording to turn up... Sounds like an awesome show!!

it was the version from the A Ghost is Born Demos....as jeff emphasized :thumbup before he played it (had to be there). But it sounded awesome!

"Hummingbird" :yay

How did this sound solo? I wished he had played it on his last solo tour...

Can't wait for the recording to turn up... Sounds like an awesome show!!

It sounded similar to the version from the AGIB demos that is found on the Wilco Book cd (without the other instruments, of course). Jeff said it himself before playing it, that its the only arrangement of this song that he can remember how to play on an acoustic guitar.

whoops...YouAreMYface beat me to it! :lol

It sounded similar to the version from the AGIB demos that is found on the Wilco Book cd (without the other instruments, of course). Jeff said it himself before playing it, that its the only arrangement of this song that he can remember how to play on an acoustic guitar.

whoops...YouAreMYface beat me to it! :lol

lol yeah, i didnt know it was on the Wilco Book cd tho. I remember at the solo show Jeff played at foellinger auditorium around halloween last year at university of illinois-urbana tons of people were yelling for him to play Hummingbird for his encore and he said he didnt know how to play it, glad he "remembered" for this show. :music

p.s. Thanks Col. Leslie for requesting You Are My Face.....it was the highlight of the night for me

:wave

glad you had a good time! what song did you request? i don't remember.

Sorry to say I didn't request anything. Everyone else put their favorites in and mine were already included on that list.

I guess I am wondering where I can get old shows as well. I have several, but want them all! Can't get enough.

4th Row, Wilco June 30th... So psyched!

:wave Welcome to VC!

There is a rule about waiting a while before requesting a show, but you certainly weren't the first person in this thread to break it.

There's a whole forum for trading, it's called Greatest Lost Track of All Time, with subforums for trading hard copies, and downloads. Keep an eye out there, and in this thread, and someone will announce when it's ready. :)

Ahhh, the jealousy knows no bounds, but reading it here and experiencing it through all of your eyes (and cameras, very cool, Morgan! :thumbup ) is definitely the next best thing. Thank you for every description and happy moment shared. In my mind's eye, I was there.

Johnny, your poster turned out to be a masterwork. I want to climb right into it and relax in that fantastic treehouse. It's wonderful. :worship

Ditto on the jealousy factor! Mike and I were sad to not be able to join you all again for this show! Love the poster Johnny...are they additional copies for sale? I will put the money in the mail like yesterday to have one! Love it!

Well, the good news...Wilco is coming to Maryland June 21st....who is able to meet up, join us and perhaps at that time we'll have the footage from the LR SHOW to watch together?

Would love for that to happen with all of you!

Hey Edie...I'm so glad Scott joined you....I'm sure he'll be hooked soon!

Well done!