PSA: Sopranos on tonight

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the implication was, you can bump your post as often and as obnoxiously as you care to, but that won't change anything if no one can help you. Do you want everyone who doesn't have a means of hooking you up with the episode to respond to your post?

I'll go first: I can't help you.

I'd like to thank you all for nothing

I'd like to thank you all for nothing at all

I'd like to thank you all for nothing

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing at all

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing at all

RIP Johnny Sack.

what does everyone think of this episode? I'm sure many think that not much is happening, not enough action. I see this building up, hopefully, to someone major being killed. I pick Christafuh. I don't think he's long for this world. either Phil Leotardo or Tony is going to kill him; I'm leaning towards Phil getting it done.

all in all, some major shit needs to be hitting the fan in the next 6 episodes. otherwise, WTF is the point in having these last 8 episodes?

PHIL: "That was our name originally, Leonardo. But many years ago when my grandpa came over from Sicily, they changed it at Ellis Island to Leotardo."

BOY: "What did they do that for?"

PHIL: "Because they're stupid, that's why!!!! And jealous. They disrespected a proud, Italian heritage and named us after a ballet costume!"

DAUGHTER: "Dad, that was neat at the end. The creepy figurine and the crucifix."

LITTLE CARMINE: "I'm glad you caught that Alexandra, very observant. The sacred and the propane."

priceless

PHIL: "That was our name originally, Leonardo. But many years ago when my grandpa came over from Sicily, they changed it at Ellis Island to Leotardo."

BOY: "What did they do that for?"

PHIL: "Because they're stupid, that's why!!!! And jealous. They disrespected a proud, Italian heritage and named us after a ballet costume!"

DAUGHTER: "Dad, that was neat at the end. The creepy figurine and the crucifix."

I'm sure Phil is unaware that Leonardo da Vinci was also homosexual.

:so who killed the NY guy who was eating dinner with Sil ?

I'm pretty sure Tony set it up because he was talking to the guy, but I can't remember who he was talking to about it. I just remember him being pissed because Silvio could have been killed. that was a pretty killer scene.

I can see Chris being taken out by Phil in responce to his 2 brothers being killed.

so who killed the NY guy who was eating dinner with Sil ?

My memory is fried. And it doesn't help that this series takes such long hiatuses. Can someone remind me why/how/when Chris killed Phil's brothers? I am completely blanking on this.

As for the NY guy, didn't someone in last night's episode say it was the other NY guy trying to take over? Doc?

anybody see the subtle few times in the new episode where tony has a bit of indigestion... if you ask me he's internally damaged from that fight with bobby, that was the first thing i thought of when he was getting punched in the stomach. you just wait i bet he ends up in the hospital. also i think christopher is safe. the breakdown that tony had definitely proves he'll try to keep him safe.

I think Tony will kill himself.

rather than go to jail?

who do you think is going to 'get it' first? Christafuh, or Paulie Walnuts?

I don't really picture anyone else dying. Just Tony.

BTW: the way they handled that whack with Silvio there was clever as hell.

I agree! that was a hell of a seen.

I think Phil Leo-retardo may try to knock of Walnuts. just a hunch.

I can see that, I guess. For whatever reason I keep coming back to the creators' POV as far as audience expectations are concerned. Something tells me they want to blow our minds. But that said, it is simply incredible to realize how much weight events from past seasons are holding now. Examples: Tony's car crash with Adrianna, cousin Tony's foot getting crushed by Phil's brother's car...

Something tells me they want to blow our minds.

They can't blow our minds too heavily without simultaneously ruining their ability to make:

SOPRANOS: THE MOVIE

(you know its coming)

(you know its coming)

I don't know about that. most on the show, including David Chase, are glad that this is over with. I will be surprised if there is a movie.

I don't know about that. most on the show, including David Chase, are glad that this is over with. I will be surprised if there is a movie.

Fair point, and I say it tongue in cheek, but think of what a cash cow the movie would be. An absolute cash cow. Every studio would fight to the death for it. And who from this show other than Silvio and Tony ever go on to a big payday elsewhere? Every other really big show that I can think of, off the top of my head, actors/actresses get typecast and its all over. What does Christopher Moltisanti do with himself after the Sopranos? Can you imagine him anywhere else? (Other than hanging at bars in Tribeca and Chelsea - he used to own a bar in my neighborhood).

I hope they ride off into the sunset this season, but I think Paulie, Christopher, Bobby Bacala, Janice, etc. would all be very much in favor of keeping the brand alive and the paychecks coming. This is their last chance to hit the jackpot big.