I covered Kicking Television...

Guest tandylacker
I really think it sucks. Do you have a problem with that?

Sucks so much you posted it on a message board... :dontgetit

And yes, it does suck. The guitar playing isn't terrible though given that it is on acoustic and its such a shit rock song. Probably just as good as Tweedy could play it live.

Also, you sound pretty gay in the song. Which is fine if you are, just thought I would let you know.

Why am I such an asshole? :dontgetit

Hey, it takes guts to stand up and play, nonetheless put a song out there to be able to read the blowback. I appreciate this PT, maybe one day I'll put up all my covers.

I wouldn't say it takes "guts" to tape yourself playing someone else song and posting anonymously to some message board.

I wouldn't say it takes "guts" to tape yourself playing someone else song and posting anonymously to some message board.

It does to some people; when they form an emotional connection to the music. Regardless, simply going after someone for making an attempt at an art form they love or for a lack humility is just cruel. If you simply hate it so much, why waste your precious time in a post that will simply deflate someone else's self esteem, to whatever degree?

It does to some people; when they form an emotional connection to the music. Regardless, simply going after someone for making an attempt at an art form they love or for a lack humility is just cruel. If you simply hate it so much, why waste your precious time in a post that will simply deflate someone else's self esteem, to whatever degree?

:thumbup

Nice guitar work, the guitar sounds great. The vocals sound awful at first, and then decent. If you work on it, I think you can pull it off. I'm no expert on these things, but I think you may have been singing the song sharp.

Sucks so much you posted it on a message board... :dontgetit

And yes, it does suck. The guitar playing isn't terrible though given that it is on acoustic and its such a shit rock song. Probably just as good as Tweedy could play it live.

Also, you sound pretty gay in the song. Which is fine if you are, just thought I would let you know.

Why am I such an asshole? :dontgetit

Mean, mean, mean......sometimes the victim of a verbal assault looks like the winner; strange.

Guest tandylacker
Mean, mean, mean......sometimes the victim of a verbal assault looks like the winner; strange.

I really wasn't actually serious about most the things I typed. :cheekkiss

Guest Speed Racer

I wouldn't really want to own up to any of the things you said...

So, did he not suck, but you're still a mean homophobe? Or are you not mean, but you really think he sucks and you enjoy making homophobic remarks? Or does he really suck, you're mean, and you're not a homophobe - you just play one on the internet?

You did the same thing to SarahC a few threads back, and you didn't wear it well then either.