1st Album/1st Concert

Holy Shit...

Either I am REALLY old or most of ya'll are barely out of diapers. (I suspect it is the former).

First Album:

George Harrison --- All Things Must Pass

First Concert:

A week before my 16th birthday...Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band in Shreveport La. (A truly life changing experience).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not going to fair well for me......

First tape I ever bought:

61422320042.jpg

First concert:

In high school we had grad night in Disney World. They were open all night with soon to be local High School grads. They had various concerts showing all night. The first concert I ever saw was....... sigh.....

All-4-One. ouch

Wouldn't that have been the first "final tour" for It's Hard?

Concerts

You're looking for:

State: Kentucky

City: lexington

Date: Year 1982

29-11-1982: Lexington, KY, Rupp Arena

Substitute, I Can't Explain, Dangerous, Sister Disco, The Quiet One, It's Hard, Eminence Front, Behind Blue Eyes, Baba O'Riley, I Can See For Miles, Drowned, Tattoo, Cry If You Want, Who Are You, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, 5.15, Love Reign O'er Me, Long Live Rock, Won't Get Fooled Again, Naked Eye, Squeeze Box, Magic Bus, Twist And Shout

more information...

First Concert - Van Halen, Women & Children First Tour, Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo MI - Summer of 1980 I think.

Man that brings up pissed off memories :realmad :realmad

I remember Ozzy came through town in the Randy Rhodes days and my parents would not let me go, WACF tour, same year bought tickets was going to "sneak off" to the show, parents got wind gave them to my older sisters (bitches :yay ) Then Diver Down tour '82 the year of my first concert for those following along, got tix to see VAN HALEN!!!1! :rock :rock :rock Eddie fractures his wrist cancels three shows one of which is of course Rupp Arena, Freedom Hall is already sold out Fuck!!

Caught them on the1984 tour but it just was not the same :no :no

Who would I be today if.... :D

This was a thread a few years back...I simply can't remember any more. Depends on what you call real. Did we have to buy the album ourselves? The first two I remember buying myself were The Best of Buffalo Springfield and Three Dog Night's first album.

LouieB

I wore that Springfeild album out. Actually it was an 8-Track in my '74 Camaro :wub . My first ride. B)

I'm pretty jealous of all of you who grew up in the 70s.

First cd: Alice in Chains

First concert: Marilyn Manson (Which is so embarrasing now but I really loved it and really enjoyed myself. I was 13 or 14.)

First full-length album I bought was either Culture Club's Color By Numbers or Cyndi Lauper's She's So Unusual. My mom had a subscription to Columbia House and let me pick two out of the first 10 or 12 you get for a penny.

First concert was the Monkees reunion tour. Weird Al opened.

1st album--Elton John, Caribou

1st concert--Paul McCartney and Wings in 1972 or thereabouts at the fabulous forum with a friend and his dad, a hot-shot Hollywood lawyer. I wasn't sure of the smell permeating the forum, but grew to like it quickly...

The 70s were fine, until disco came and ruined everything for a while, but luckily punk saved the scene.

I can't recall the first album, as I am sure that it was a children's record of some kind, my guess would be a narrated Peter and the Wolf with the Tchaikovsky behind it.

My parents took me to a lot of fiddler's festivals and things like that in the early 70's.

My first "real" record was a 45 of Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light", and my first concert was The Motels in 1983 or 84.

My first concert was this kid country band, Riders in the Sky, I saw them in Wheeling when I was like four or five. The first CD I got was the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour when I was about twelve. It was all music all the time really from there on out.

--Mike

First album I stole - Highway 61 Revisited (from parents - they never listened to it)

First Album I Bought With Own $: Yes- Drama and Genesis - Duke at the same store

First Concert - Yes- Drama (a parent went) and the Kinks - Give the People What They Want (just me and friends a few months later)

I can't recall the first album, as I am sure that it was a children's record of some kind, my guess would be a narrated Peter and the Wolf with the Tchaikovsky behind it.

Hey! I have an old LP of Peter & the Wolf that has the instrumentation done by the British Art-Rock royalty...Bruford, Squire, etc...

First album: Come Out and Play (The sewer cover flipped up and Dee Snider was underneath)

First concert: AC/DC (with my mom when I was about nine, second was Def Leppard Hysteria tour! Also with mom.)

The first albums I bought with my own money were:

Van Halen: 1984

David Lee Roth: Crazy From the Heat

I bought them on cassette at Richway.

The first rock concert I attended was the Who, 1989, 4th row.

Hey! I have an old LP of Peter & the Wolf that has the instrumentation done by the British Art-Rock royalty...Bruford, Squire, etc...

WTF !? When did Yes do that?! I thought I at one time owned everything Yes . . .

Wasn't that narrated by David Bowie?

I honestly don't remember disco. :)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... No, it was just the worst of times!

:lol

1st album:

200px-ABBA_Arrival.jpg

My parents gave it to me as I sat in the back seat of our car. we had just returned home from a long trip. I was so overwhelmed that I burst into tears.

1st concert:

050328_crowdedhouse_hmed_330a.hmedium.jpg

Crowded House - Hordern Pavilion, Sydney, 1987. I was in year 10. Loved every moment.