Charlotte, June 20

My friend hooked up with two seats Orch Center Row B, but I never could get any.

-- wondering how many presale tickets are sold?

I was able to get 2 in ORCHCL, Row F.

If you go by the 10% figure that is mentioned on Wilcoworld, then there were less than 250 tickets for sale (since Ovens capacity is 2460). You have to figure that most people grabbed 2 or more tickets so you are probably only talking about 100 people or so who were able to order tickets.

I got row P in Orch in presale.

How long is the drive from Atl? Anyone else driving from GA?

I live in Charlotte and drive to ATL regularly; the drive is between 3 and 1/2 to 4, depending on traffic and how fast you drive....I was fortunate enough to go to the venue at 10 to buy tickets (no fees at all!) and got row A in the center. On the Ovens site, I am seeing an 'orchestra pit' on the seating chart though, so I am wondering the significance of having good seats if anyone can go into the orch pit (similar to J.Tweedy at the Museum of Arts in Raleigh last summer), as these are closest to the stage.

The orchestra pit is usually closed up for concerts so there shouldn't be anyone in front of row A. I hope not anyway.

I can't believe they are coming back to Charlotte after the last show they did there. The crowd was so rude. :realmad

I am so glad they are, wouldn't miss it if I had to sit on row ZZZZ.

I live in Charlotte and drive to ATL regularly; the drive is between 3 and 1/2 to 4, depending on traffic and how fast you drive....I was fortunate enough to go to the venue at 10 to buy tickets (no fees at all!) and got row A in the center. On the Ovens site, I am seeing an 'orchestra pit' on the seating chart though, so I am wondering the significance of having good seats if anyone can go into the orch pit (similar to J.Tweedy at the Museum of Arts in Raleigh last summer), as these are closest to the stage.

If I recall correctly, at the Feb 2005 show at Ovens Jeff mentioned something about the huge space between the stage and the first row of seats. I think he tried to get people to stand in the pit. I could be remembering wrong tho, my memory is bad.

I thought the exact same thing.

I don't recall the crowd being that rude other than the one guy yelling out "She's a Jar" during "Mountain Bed" and then Jeff taking the guy to task right after "Mountain Bed" and then apologizing/ranting about it during the encore.

I seem to remember that after his talk during the encore, he said something to the effect of "don't worry, we'll come back to Charlotte" in response to another fan. He also mentioned he liked the jukebox style lights of the auditorium.

I have a copy of the show and the crowd is just loud and rude. You can hear people yelling out things throughout, the music is barely audible in the low spots. I hope this year the crowd shows more respect and appreciation.