Greatest greatest hits or compilation

Bob Dylan's Biograph is a fine, fine collection of great songs, just listened to again after quite some time.

You Angel You

Abandoned Love

It's all over Now Baby Blue

* Please forgive me Analogman and other oldtimer VC folks who have seen these threads repeat endlessly!

Bob Dylan's Biograph is a fine, fine collection of great songs, just listened to again after quite some time.

You Angel You

Abandoned Love

* Please forgive me Analogman and other oldtimer VC folks who have seen these threads repeat endlessly!

I just ordered this from Amazon. Thanks AWATT. :thumbup

How about Decade ~ Neil Young B)

Expecting To Fly

Deep Forbidden Lake

I Believe In You

Winterlong

You Angel You

Abandoned Love

It's not about that - it's about using the SEARCH function and simply adding on to a thread that already exists - if one does. That way, people can check out what was said before, as well as add new stuff.

I think it also has something to do with the technical wear and tear on the board - I don't really know about that stuff though.

Yes - these sorts of lists are started all the time and no I don't really care them - I don't really look at anything in terms of top 5 this, or best of that - but so what. As I have said before - you have to think of the group as a whole - not the individual.

I'd be innarested in knowing the biggest-selling hits records. Of course the Egos would be near the top. But I'll bet the Doors Greatest that came out in '80 or so sold a hell of a lot.

That Sam Cooke Portrait is so awesome.

Because the thread says "compilation," I'm guessing this counts and it totally deserves a mention:

The Complete Stax-Volt Singles

(It's on Oink and I recommend it highly!)

Because the thread says "compilation," I'm guessing this counts and it totally deserves a mention:

The Complete Stax-Volt Singles

(It's on Oink and I recommend it highly!)

:yes I Oinked that myself.

d24214wio06.jpg

Just as I was about to express disdain for Greatest Hits packages...I saw this.

I wholeheartedly agree

Just as I was about to express disdain for Greatest Hits packages...I saw this.

I wholeheartedly agree

I probably have fewer than ten such packages in my collection. I'm more of a buy-everything kind of fan.

that yo la tengo retrospective is a good sampler. i was late to the game on them, coming in on summer sun, and wasn't impressed initially. however, after having my mind blown on the recent tour i picked it up and now pine over the vinyl on ebay that's a tad pricey.

I would have to say Bob Marley's Legend though is head and shoulders above all compilations.

It's chock-full of great stuff, but I would tend to disqualify it for the horrendous remix of "Buffalo Soldier."