Brisbane - April 16 show

before i go to bed to dream wilco dreams, can i just say WOW! what a night!

more tomorrow if you're interested . . . but first to the set list

i didn't think i could do it (useless memory, even for set lists of my favourite bands), but here it is:

[new song - sorry don't know this one yet]

i am trying to break your heart

muzzle of bees

handshake drugs

shot in the arm

impossible germany

sky blue sky

airline to heaven

ashes of american flags

war on war

at least that's what you said

jesus etc

theologians

walken

i'm the man who loves you

hate it here

hummingbird

california stars

the late greats

kingpin

heavy metal drummer

spiders

passenger side

(i must confess, i cheated - nabbed a guy who managed to get a setlist and took a pic with my phone)

see you guys in sydney! :thumbup

thanks wilco!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before i go to bed to dream wilco dreams, can i just say WOW! what a night!

more tomorrow if you're interested . . . but first to the set list

i didn't think i could do it (useless memory, even for set lists of my favourite bands), but here it is:

[new song - sorry don't know this one yet]

:lol

Sorry, but that's funny.

Just got home from the Brisbane show at The Tivoli. It was the first show of the tour and the boys were on top form. Best show I've been too, ever. Nels was blistering and Kotche was on top form.

I have videos of the first ever live performances (I think..) of Walken and Hate It Here if anyone wants an upload. Jeff got increasingly funny as the night wore on. Just a wonderful show and the guys even admitted to being very low on rehearsals so I can imagine the level of performances are only gonna get better!

Just got home from the Brisbane show at The Tivoli. It was the first show of the tour and the boys were on top form. Best show I've been too, ever. Nels was blistering and Kotche was on top form.

I have videos of the first ever live performances (I think..) of Walken and Hate It Here if anyone wants an upload. Jeff got increasingly funny as the night wore on. Just a wonderful show and the guys even admitted to being very low on rehearsals so I can imagine the level of performances are only gonna get better!

Welcome to the board, Romeo, and good to hear that the show lived up to (or exceeded?) expectations!

Just FYI, Wilcobase tracks live performances of songs (among other valuable public services), and lists "Walken" as being first performed in September of 2005. There's no listing yet for "Hate It Here," though, so indeed you may have witnessed its maiden voyage. :thumbup

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see video. YouTube, perhaps?

(FYI - In my semi-skilled housekeeping efforts, I moved and merged two after-show threads and screwed up the title of this thread a bit, sorry ... hopefully it's fixed well enough now :blush )

(FYI - In my semi-skilled housekeeping efforts, I moved and merged two after-show threads and screwed up the title of this thread a bit, sorry ... hopefully it's fixed well enough now :blush )

Drunk with power ... again. :P

haha yeah, there was this whole pirate theme goign on the whole night, so we did some argh's

Yeah that was awesome, he said "we're gonna create something here. It's gonna be smelly and ugly - but it's going to be right''

OK, last night was soo good. :yes

I got the recording and I think it sounds pretty good. I haven't heard any Wilco boots but I imagine the sound guy is the same and his work last night made it real easy to get a good clean sound from the audience through binaural mics, a soundpro mic amp and minidisc. I'm listening now through desk speakers at work and its even better through earphones. :music

So tonight I'll join up the bits and prepare a torrent of a wav and cue file [i got the sound guys setlist] It 's all there except for the first few bars of Theologians [tape/battery change at about 60min] and some between song chat between Impossible Germany and Sky Blue Sky [pitstop at about 4 beers] :cheers It's about 125 min in total so torrent is the way to go.

OK, last night was soo good. :yes

I got the recording and I think it sounds pretty good. I haven't heard any Wilco boots but I imagine the sound guy is the same and his work last night made it real easy to get a good clean sound from the audience through binaural mics, a soundpro mic amp and minidisc. I'm listening now through desk speakers at work and its even better through earphones. :music

So tonight I'll join up the bits and prepare a torrent of a wav and cue file [i got the sound guys setlist] It 's all there except for the first few bars of Theologians [tape/battery change at about 60min] and some between song chat between Impossible Germany and Sky Blue Sky [pitstop at about 4 beers] :cheers It's about 125 min in total so torrent is the way to go.

sounds good thanks!

very nice, such a good show, still cant get over it, except for the gay merch guy who was a nazi, biggest dick in the world

yeah he was a cocksucker, went nuts at me for wanting to pay eftpos, i said "put a cash-only sign up you dipshit"