Brisbane - April 16 show

Ok, I'm a total newcomer to torrents, so terms like snatch, seed etc mean nothing to me.

I've downloaded the Converted Music.torrent file. Now what do I do with it? I'm assuming I need some sort of program to complete the download? I'm running an Intel Mac. Help Please?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm a total newcomer to torrents, so terms like snatch, seed etc mean nothing to me.

I've downloaded the Converted Music.torrent file. Now what do I do with it? I'm assuming I need some sort of program to complete the download? I'm running an Intel Mac. Help Please?

you need to download and instal a bit torrent client for your OS such as Azureus from http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/

there are others but i use Azureus so i tell you bout that one.

once its installed and running you can open the torrent file you downloaded and the music tracks will start to download.

Sounds easy doesn't it. Good luck. If you go ahead, this thread, this forum even perhaps, is not the best place for advivce on how to get the client working. Try the Azureus forums [from the Help menu in the client software]

ex king john, what a terrific recording! I felt like I was there. The pirate "aarggghhhhs" in Kingpin had us all giggling uncontrollably. :lol

Does anyone have photos to share? If so, I'll put together some cover art for this. Full credit to the photographer, of course. :thumbup

you need to download and instal a bit torrent client for your OS such as Azureus from http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/

there are others but i use Azureus so i tell you bout that one.

once its installed and running you can open the torrent file you downloaded and the music tracks will start to download.

Sounds easy doesn't it. Good luck. If you go ahead, this thread, this forum even perhaps, is not the best place for advivce on how to get the client working. Try the Azureus forums [from the Help menu in the client software]

Cheers for that :thumbup

After I posted my question I did a search on a Mac software site and downloaded a program called Transmission. It's doing its thing at the moment. What I'm unsure of now is what format the sound files end up being? It's all a bit confusing for someone like me who grew up with the Commodore 64 representing state of the art technology :)

Cheers for that :thumbup

After I posted my question I did a search on a Mac software site and downloaded a program called Transmission. It's doing its thing at the moment. What I'm unsure of now is what format the sound files end up being? It's all a bit confusing for someone like me who grew up with the Commodore 64 representing state of the art technology :)

the sound files are flac format. thats all those wilco2007-04-16dxtyy.flac files listed. i am pretty sure you can get a flac decoder for os x if thats what you are using. certainly can for all win and *nix flavours. then you can either play straight from your computer :music or use one of the popular cd buring softwares to burn to a cd [2 cds actually] sit back with the cool beverage of your choice and enjoy. :cheers

ex king john, what a terrific recording! I felt like I was there. The pirate "aarggghhhhs" in Kingpin had us all giggling uncontrollably. :lol

Does anyone have photos to share? If so, I'll put together some cover art for this. Full credit to the photographer, of course. :thumbup

thanks. i appreciate it. as i said, the Wilco sound guy did a great job. The sound at a couple of other gigs i've been to there was good but I've not recorded at the Tivoli before. If they all turn out that well I'm looking forward to it in future.

thanks. i appreciate it. as i said, the Wilco sound guy did a great job. The sound at a couple of other gigs i've been to there was good but I've not recorded at the Tivoli before. If they all turn out that well I'm looking forward to it in future.

Mate you didn't by any chance get any of the Glenn Richards set did ya? I know it's a long shot.. First song in particular?

Mate you didn't by any chance get any of the Glenn Richards set did ya? I know it's a long shot.. First song in particular?

Sorry, I was there but I didn't take enough batteries.

i had the disc space but i never trust the batteries past about an hour and managed to only take the two. Normally I try to get the supports as well.

Sorry, I was there but I didn't take enough batteries.

i had the disc space but i never trust the batteries past about an hour and managed to only take the two. Normally I try to get the supports as well.

that sucks cause that song was incredible, much better than the album version

Now now, no jealousy. :nono After all, you got to enjoy all the joy that was Wichita, back when... :thumbup

True, true. I just haven't gotten to see PS live yet. I guess I have to go to the other side of the world. It is beautiful on the recording, isn't it?? :dancing

True, true. I just haven't gotten to see PS live yet. I guess I have to go to the other side of the world. It is beautiful on the recording, isn't it?? :dancing

That it is. :yes That song brings out a warmth and coziness in an audience that's very sweet....I hope you get to hear it live soon.

I recommend any Rock Tourism you can manage. It's very broadening, and I don't mean just because of all the delectable food you may encounter. Although that can be broadening as well.