Wilco webcast from Sydney!

I thought he might be. He must be a pretty big fan because he programmed a Wilco mix tape on JJJ a year or two ago. They play all songs from one chosen artist for an hour straight. Not only is he a very funny and clever man, but he has great taste in music too.

He was standing to my left for the whole show, was rather reserved though

so glad they played Via Chicago and Airline To Heaven, made my night

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few of us were at the pub down the street and we spotted pat, mikael and john going into the thai restaurant across the road

Were one of you guys wearing a Wilco 2003 shirt? I was at the Duke, and noticed a group of people that kept ducking out and muttering something about the Thai place :thumbup

Were one of you guys wearing a Wilco 2003 shirt? I was at the Duke, and noticed a group of people that kept ducking out and muttering something about the Thai place :thumbup

Hey, man. We were at the Duke as well. Had the nachos. Tasty. :thumbup

> Were one of you guys wearing a Wilco 2003 shirt?

that was me! (blue/black 2003 t-shirt)... where were you sitting??

the guy that kept ducking out was kungfunion, also from VC. another VC'er (shiralee) bought in a pizza from over the road

apparently the guy behind the bar with the grey beard was the wilco fan there that played the whole of summerteeth. we left just as When you wake up feeling old finished

> Were one of you guys wearing a Wilco 2003 shirt?

that was me! (blue/black 2003 t-shirt)... where were you sitting??

the guy that kept ducking out was kungfunion, also from VC. another VC'er (shiralee) bought in a pizza from over the road

apparently the guy behind the bar with the grey beard was the wilco fan there that played the whole of summerteeth. we left just as When you wake up feeling old finished

Hey yeah, that's right. I was buying beers when "My Darling" was on. Frog man, I must've just missed you somewhere in the pub. :shifty

i only took one piss at the end, andrew!

you must have been in there the whole time. i had my back to rest of the place though

what is it with sydney pubs? - you ask for a pot (err, sorry - middy) or a pint and they still give you a schooner!

i only took one piss at the end, andrew!

you must have been in there the whole time. i had my back to rest of the place though

what is it with sydney pubs? - you ask for a pot (err, sorry - middy) or a pint and they still give you a schooner!

Yeah, I know. They just encourage alcoholism. The other day I walked into a pub and asked for the time and they still gave me a schooner. :cheers

posted this message in after the show, but guess it fits here too:

hi all

just back from sydney and what can i say!?! saturday was an absolute delight - my heartfelt thanks to froggie and sharon and bronwyn and simon for their company and their karma - meeting up with froggie and the gang was obviously a wilco good luck charm!

not only was the sydney show one of the best shows i've ever been to (and my husband and i have been going to gigs for 20 years now - he started taking me to gigs when i was 15, bless him), but we met jeff when he arrived at the enmore and got to say thanks for coming to oz/brissie! he stopped on his way in for interviews/soundcheck and shook each of our hands and said a few words, which was lovely of him

then for the show we managed to score a spot right up the front (on pat's side) so we had a perfect view of all the guys rocking out and the show was killer (including the shoutout to froggie :thumbup ) i couldn't have asked for a better set list - there really were far too many highlights for a single show, but the poor places/spiders finale was simply sublime :wub

then i got the setlist, which i'd missed out on in brisbane, and then, thanks to sharon, to cap off a brilliant night we got into the enmore after party! and met and chatted with pat, nels, john and mikael! they were all so lovely

all in all, an absolutely brilliant bloody day! :worship THANK YOU WILCO! :worship please come back to oz soon - we really can't wait another 4 years, it's just far too long!

cheers,

whiskeygirl

I must of heard about 20 people say this throughout the night, and i whole heartedly agree:

"NELS CLINE IS GOD"!

I was front row right in front of him and he is more then just a guitar player; he's a magician.

and if there is a recording of this show I desperately need it.

it was an event, not just a concert