Wilco webcast from Sydney!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel stupid after someone nicely posted it on Owl, but it doesnt work on my computer. would anyone with an MP3 version of it be willing to share? I'd be in debt to you forver.

thanks so much

download the flac files and then use flacfrontend to convert them to wave. you can then listen or burn to cd
It's not that hard to learn.

It is bad form to keep asking for music if you do not pass it on - as well as asking for Mp3 rips.

well, sorry... im kinda technologically impaired, and dont really have anything cool to pass on.

as soon as i do, i promise i will.

thanks for the link.

when i decoded it to .wav, windows media player says it 1.41 mbps...sounds very good to my ears, thanks to all those involved in recording/ sharing it with us :worship

Don't trust WMP. Wasn't this a web rip? If so, the original stream is at like 128 (MP3), which makes the .wav a transcode.

Don't trust WMP. Wasn't this a web rip? If so, the original stream is at like 128 (MP3), which makes the .wav a transcode.

That would be correct. The original stream was probably either 96 or 128 (mp3) It is a transcode, which is why i gave this to Owl to put up. I knew it wouldn't be wise to put it up on a torrent site. There's no harm in converting it to a lossless format either, since the stream was originally in mp3 format anyway. I'm thinking that maybe the next time i record one of these webcasts, i should just make it available in mp3. format instead.

no news yet, but hopefully.... we wanna hear the 6 non-sydney residents during kingpin :lol

I am listening to the 4-21 show RIGHT NOW.... sounds awesome :)

The Owl: :cheekkiss from Continental Europe-Howdy

As for Flac files :Can be played and burnt with "Winamp" or with the best player/burner as of today"jet Audio"free version here:http://www.download.com/JetAudio-Basic/3000-2167_4-10656582.html?tag=lst-0-1

converting?:http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

cool..cant wait to hear the show..missed out on the webcast..how is the quality..sound-board-ish'?

The source is from the soundboard, so yeah it sounds like a soundboard show. Its not quite as good quality as regular soundboards shows due to the quality it was streamed (probably 96 or 128 in mp3), but still well worth listening to.

btw, if you want to hear it now, its up here:

http://uploads.owlandbear.com/20070421-wilco-webcast/