Wilco webcast from Sydney!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well except for maybe a couple of tiny clicks, i was able to get a very good recording of this. There was a click during Theologians, probably due to me refreshing this thread one too many times, but that might be the only blemish.

I'm sure a lot of people missed this, so once i get some sleep, i'll prepare a torrent. Now, If you'll excuse me i gotta hit the bed.

Thanks for the company, folks! See you a bit later. Thanks for the refreshments, Donna! :thumbup

Thank you Wilco for broadcasting. We are so lucky the band does this. I hope they move to video some day as well.

Did anyone else catch the Walken lyrics change? I hope smrt was listening and did. Jeff's a really nice husband.

Thank you Wilco for broadcasting. We are so lucky the band does this. I hope they move to video some day as well.

Did anyone else catch the Walken lyrics change? I hope smrt was listening and did. Jeff's a really nice husband.

Shoot, I was having to be in & out of the room during Walken, what was the change? Enquiring minds wanna know.

setlist from what I got off this thread.

01. You Are My Face

02. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

03. Muzzle of Bees

04. Handshake Drugs

05. A Shot In The Arm

06. At Least That's What You Said

07. One By One

08. Impossible Germany

09. Jesus, Etc.

10. War On War

11. Via Chicago

12. Walken

13. Theologians

14. I'm The Man Who Loves You

15. Hummingbird

ENCORE

16. Hate It Here

17. The Late Greats

18. Kingpin

19. I'm A Wheel

20. Misunderstood

ENCORE 2???

21. California Stars

22. Airline To Heaven

23. Poor Places

24. Spiders (Skidsmoke)

:wave

just back to the hotel. there were 4 melbournians in a row dead centre at the front.... during the kingpin rant when it started, a fellow VC'er did the pirate sound and then i did it. thats when he singled me out - god knows how he knows!. it was a surprise/shock but in a nice way.

the sound was much louder than the melbourne ones and the atmosphere was better. the band were smiling the whole time

NOW, after the show, a friend had a passes to the backstage party. me and 3 other melbournians and 2 people from brisbane (whiskeygirl) were with her. she asked pat and pat let us into it!. jeff and gelnnn werent there but we got to talk with pat, mikael, john and nels. stayed there for about 90 mins which was nice

anyway, wilco trek is over now. great time/shows and especially excellent tonight. hope you all enjoyed the webcast

i took a small movie of jeff's hummingbird dance which was especially funny tonight :lol

more soon...

just back to the hotel. there were 4 melbournians in a row dead centre at the front.... during the kingpin rant when it started, a fellow VC'er did the pirate sound and then i did it. thats when he singled me out - god knows how he knows!. it was a surprise/shock but in a nice way.

the sound was much louder than the melbourne ones and the atmosphere was better. the band were smiling the whole time

NOW, after the show, a friend had a passes to the backstage party. me and 3 other melbournians and 2 people from brisbane (whiskeygirl) were with her. she asked pat and pat let us into it!. jeff and gelnnn werent there but we got to talk with pat, mikael, john and nels. stayed there for about 90 mins which was nice

anyway, wilco trek is over now. great time/shows and especially excellent tonight. hope you all enjoyed the webcast

i took a small movie of jeff's hummingbird dance which was especially funny tonight :lol

more soon...

:worship you are the man!

can't wait to see the hummingbird dance.

i tihnk i missed the whole pirate joke... :pirate ?

more soon...

Wow, Froggie, I'm so happy you got your Wilco fix. You should be good for another year or two, huh?

Have you posted any of your pics yet? Looking forward to them. :cheers

wow, jeff just spent a good 30 seconds talking about froggie!!!!!!

'some people have nothing better to do than follow around a rock band.....like froggie. i know that he calls himself froggie on the internet..'

rock on froggie, rock on!! :thumbup :dancing :)

OMFG...why didn't I get up/stay up for this? :punch :punch :punch :: note to self, find a copy of this::

Frog, I am so happy for ya bud. Cheers! :cheers

I was there and it was a fucking amazing show. I hope someone recorded the webcast!

I've posted what I think is an accurate setlist in the 'After The Shows' section, though HighFives' was pretty spot on.

Wilco, you are a bunch of geniuses.

Damn! I tried to stay awake all night to catch this, but fell asleep on the couch and missed the whole thing... :( Can't wait to hear this one, thanks to the taper of the webcast.

Also, YAY to Froggie!! Glad you aussies had such a great time!!

just got back from our sydney trip with froggie and co. don't know if he mentioned it, but thanks to some quick thinking from the female members of our entourage, we managed to coax our way into the aftershow party, where we got to rub shoulders with the band, and a-list celebs like... toni collette... and... well, that was about it. but still. nels gave me the secret to a good jazzmaster. yep. argh!

just got back from our sydney trip with froggie and co. don't know if he mentioned it, but thanks to some quick thinking from the female members of our entourage, we managed to coax our way into the aftershow party, where we got to rub shoulders with the band, and a-list celebs like... toni collette... and... well, that was about it. but still.

I also saw Paul Dempsey from Something For Kate and Tim Freedman from The Whitlams at the gig. I guess they mightn't have gone backstage though. Toni Collette was probably there because of support act Glenn Richards (Augie March) who apparently has been working with her on her new album.

nels gave me the secret to a good jazzmaster. yep. argh!

What is the secret, pray tell?

Absolutely incredible gig. They've most definitely turned up the rawk this tour (or at least, this gig). And I _love_ the new songs - i've strayed away from hearing new stuff before the album comes out... but from what I heard last night, it's gonna be brilliant.

just got home to melbourne town... sorting through the pics/videos now. dead tired though

as for the afterparty, i spotted tim freedman but not paul dempsey. there were also some other faces that i;ve seen on TV but couldnt put names to them last night

great time was had by all.... the brisbane folks should chime in tomorrow when they get home :thumbup