a run in with sky blue sky

I was visiting a couple friends in LA last week and we went to lunch at the Pig and Whistle (??). Anyway, great food and the first song I heard was What Light, followed by a track of the new Andrew Bird and then Ryan Adams. So that made for a nice time!

Wow, that surprising. I was figuring either Red Door or somewhere in E. Nashville. Even though it has a jukebox, I was hoping you would say it was one of my favorite digs, the Villager.

Ah, the Villager.

When I was a kid we lived on Capers (the part of Capers we lived on isn't there anymore, as it was swallowed by the Med Center), and my dad used to hang at the Villager.

20 years later, when I was in school in Nashville, I lived on Fairfax and used to hang at the Villager and throw darts regularly.

It is one of the few institutions in the village to last through the gentrification (is Ralph's still there?). Great place.

You were watching the Brew Crew beat up on the Cardinals? I have Bill Hall on my fantasy team and he's been ice cold. Jeff Suppan was a great off-season pickup for them. I wish them well this season and would love to see them in the playoffs.

Yep. Suppan has been their most reliable starter; he and Estrada were both terrific additions. Hall will come around, I think. At this point I think reaching the playoffs is a reasonable goal--in this weak division, they might make a real run for the division title.

Anyway, back on topic. Anybody else notice that Wilco and SBS are featured in this week's iTunes New Music Tuesday email?

I saw that. I wish Wilco was part of EMI, so we could get the DRM-free, 256kpbs files. I guess I'll just be primitive and buy the CD.

I've heard What Light a few times around town, though the weirdest thing happened today.

I was order a pizza from a place called Gumby's (cheapest/best pizza in Columbia) and all lines were busy so I was on hold until they could take my order and they were playing "Clapping Music Variations" from Glenn's newest record.

I was order a pizza from a place called Gumby's (cheapest/best pizza in Columbia) and all lines were busy so I was on hold until they could take my order and they were playing "Clapping Music Variations" from Glenn's newest record.

Wow... that's truly unexpected.

i've always been hoping to have one. when i'm in my vehicle, i play it with the windows down, hoping someone will be all like "hey!" or something.

-justin

HEY!!!

You might need to turn that down a little, I could hear it all the way in California. Not that I minded.