New Ryan Adams song

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the link ... :thumbup

A-Man, he has been playing very VERY much Dead-like the last 2 times I saw him within the last 12 months. When RA & Cardinals played The Vogue in Indy, he stopped in the indie record store around the corner from The Vogue and bought an armful of Grateful Dead stuff. [Thisyearsgirl (Jen) probably knows the story better than me though.] And he was definitely channeling GD at the Cubs Care benefit in Chicago this January as well. Played on and on, so freakin' good.

I hope you're going to the show -- I only wish I lived closer.

My first thought - dead-like. I hope this is the sort of show I get when he comes to my town in a few weeks.

the ra and cardinals show in charleston last year also had a lot of dead influences mixed with flat out noise explosions. there were parts where my mouth dropped wide open.

There is certainly a Europe 72 vibe in that song. He has done a lot of stuff with Phil Lesh in the last few years. I have always liked the line in one his cd booklets that says "The Grateful Dead and Black Flag at the same time."

thanks for the link ... :thumbup

A-Man, he has been playing very VERY much Dead-like the last 2 times I saw him within the last 12 months. When RA & Cardinals played The Vogue in Indy, he stopped in the indie record store around the corner from The Vogue and bought an armful of Grateful Dead stuff. [Thisyearsgirl (Jen) probably knows the story better than me though.] And he was definitely channeling GD at the Cubs Care benefit in Chicago this January as well. Played on and on, so freakin' good.

I hope you're going to the show -- I only wish I lived closer.

Yes- Ms. Viatroy got the tickets already. We can actually walk to it from my place.

I noticed the "liking Black Flag and GD at the same time" comment on the back of a particular RA album, too. It's really not too far of a stretch, though, considering Greg Ginn (original member of Black Flag and founder of SST records) is/was a huge deadhead. He's said the Dead are his favorite band and had a huge impact on his music.

A lot of the bands who rose from the ashes of Punk/post-Punk in the early 80s make the same claims (particularly the musical influence part): Jane's Addiction members, Meat Puppets, etc.

Holy shit, that was great. I don't care what anybody else thinks, I hope Adams strip mines this musical vein for all its worth. I think Cold Roses is the best thing he's ever done - in or out of Whiskeytown, even - and this performance makes me really anxious for this summer's album.

I'm a big Jacksonville City Nights has always been a favorite of mine. Is this video with The Cardinals?

And while we're on the topic of Ryan Adams, anyone know if that September documentary is going to be released?

I'm a big Jacksonville City Nights has always been a favorite of mine. Is this video with The Cardinals?

And while we're on the topic of Ryan Adams, anyone know if that September documentary is going to be released?

it came w/ copies of JCN sold at Indie stores, i may have an extra actually...

it came w/ copies of JCN sold at Indie stores, i may have an extra actually...

"It's become a pretty big problem as of late, and it's only a matter of time before a record label catches wind of it and puts the hammer down on this site and it's admins. We dont' allow it for Wilco, so it's unfair to allow it for other bands.

So from now on, anyone who posts a link to a full commercial studio record will be given one warning, and after that, they will be suspended from this site.

If you want to send someone a PM or email about where to find it? Fine, but no direct links, as it's gotten out of hand the last few months, and something needed to be done.

If you want to post links to individual songs from mp3 blogs, legit sites, etc., that's not a problem.

Thanks"

just being silly.

Back on topic: I dug this tune alot, and definitely got a grateful dead vibe from him when i saw him perform at lollapalooza (could it have been because he covered a few of their songs? i don't know)