New Ryan Adams song

I've seen the 20 minute documentary or however long it was but I thought it was just a preview of a full length movie.. am I mistaken? Or is the full length movie what came with JCN?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree about the guitar comment. i've always loved ryan's guitar playing, mostly acoustic...but since CR and JCN and now ET he definitely is a rocking mood. the guitar sound sounds great. his attitude and songwriting has always been more of topic then his guitar playing. cant wait to see him (if he ever shows up)

I'm not sure why Goodnight Rose did not make the cut for Ryan's new album.....It's one of his best new tunes. My only hope is that he has plans for a second album this year. Goodnight Rose is just too damn good to not release.

danny clinch, photographer, is filiming the ryan adams DVD movie, i emailed after i saw the September short film, he actually responded that day saying he was currently filiming and not sure when it would be out. i think he has got great footage though. Ryan and Lesh at Red Rocks, Ryan and Willie in the studio, and of course the Cardinals.

delmar kurt: goodnight rose reminds me of the jams i heard/saw of Del Mar back at UWW

I've got some footqage of Ryan and Phil doing an impromptu gig at my pal's hippie bar next to the Fillmore (they popped in during rehearsal when the power went out at the Fillmore). RA plays Garcia's Tiger guitar. Pretty cool.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet but on Americna Idol the other night, one of the kids sang "When the Stars Go Blue." The host said something to the effect, "Now doing Tim McGraw's "When the Stars Go Blue"..." Ryan Adams got no mention. Martina McBride was the contestant's coach this week and told the kid singing the song, "I was talking to Tim last week and he was wondering if any of the contestants were going to do one of his songs." Kind of sad that the songwriter gets no credit but then again, maybe that's a good thing if they pick your song to be on American Idol.

I'm not sure why Goodnight Rose did not make the cut for Ryan's new album.....It's one of his best new tunes. My only hope is that he has plans for a second album this year. Goodnight Rose is just too damn good to not release.

it's the album opener if i'm not mistaken. great song.

c

Very nice.

So when does this new album come out and what is it called?

Feb. 28, 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RYAN ADAMS

EASY TIGER

OUT JUNE 5 ON LOST HIGHWAY

Ryan Adams' Easy Tiger has been scheduled for a June 5 release on Lost Highway.

While the final sequence is still TBD, Easy Tiger will be comprised of the following tracks:

Goodnight Rose

Everybody Knows

The Sun Also Sets

Halloween Head

Off Broadway

Two Hearts

Tears Of Gold

These Girls

Two

I Taught Myself How To Grow Old

Oh My God, Whatever, Etc.

Rip Off

Pearls On A String

I'm not sure why Goodnight Rose did not make the cut for Ryan's new album

Wow, you've got to be kidding me. It's not on there? I've watched this clip like six times since yesterday. I think this is one of the tightest things he's ever done.

Is there a for-sure definitive track listing out there? The online music retailers don't seem to offer much in the way of information on this disc.

anyone think he seems like a compelete dumb ass????

I love his music but every time he gets interviewed or opens his mouth and is not singing i find it harder to like him.

In that interveiw it just seems like he thinks he is god and talking "down" to his musicans. MY roomate got the Live in Jamaica dvd and he just seems like a compelete joke.

Personally, I think he's a huge jerk, but I don't see that that has anything to do with his talents as a songwriter or musician. And he's prolific enough that I also don't like every single thing he does. I think I'd enjoy ritual bloodletting more than I would a second listen through his Rock 'N' Roll album, for example.

he's a smartass, not a jerk

big difference :)

mostly cuz i'm the former and not the latter myself ;)

ehhh i dont know when i think smart ass i think more of john lennon's wit. He just comes off as arrogant and not very intellegent at that.

Again never said that made me like his music any less i just think less of him.

ehhh i dont know when i think smart ass i think more of john lennon's wit. He just comes off as arrogant and not very intellegent at that.

i guess i can't change your perception of him

i've hung out w/ Ryan briefly and he was very humble and totally down to earth (granted this was 2001, but still), not to mention totally hilarious and a huge goofball.

i agree with this. i loved the song, but the interview here was painful. i just felt bad for the dudes in the band having to hang out with ryan and listen to his incoherent blatherings while stroking his ego. BUT-i do like his music. half of gold was fun. heartbreaker is pretty good. cold roses is amazing and could have been better as a single album. really hoping the new one is good. that jam before the song was amazing. just love midtempo mellow tunes with clean guitar ala garcia, pedal steel and you got it!