Happy 4/20 everyone!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing the reference...

Not at all.

I don't believe he's missing it. It's just one of those glaring examples in life that demonstrate how stupid getting high is.

Pretty much.

And I say that as a former member of the "wake-and-bake" crowd.

I don't believe he's missing it. It's just one of those glaring examples in life that demonstrate how stupid getting high is.

Used in excess definitely makes you dumber, and annoying to others. Used in moderation, there's nothing reallythat wrong with it.

Guest Speed Racer
Used in excess definitely makes you dumber, and annoying to others. Used in moderation, there's nothing reallythat wrong with it.

Agreed. To me, it's definitely on par with drinking to excess. Never been a fan of weed myself, but I've seen people do equally stupid/obnoxious things under the influence of both alcohol and pot, and I have to say that there's not much of a difference in my book. Moderation is key.

To me, it's definitely on par with drinking to excess. Never been a fan of weed myself, but I've seen people do equally stupid/obnoxious things under the influence of both alcohol and pot, and I have to say that there's not much of a difference in my book. Moderation is key.

Excessive drinking has inspired a lot better music than excessive pot smoking.

Long live 3/17.

And Ray Charles (among many other great musicians) a regular heroin user for many years.

I think the point can be made that too much of anything=not good.

ed. Although, come to think of it Ray seemed to do o.k., didn't he?

Louis Armstrong was a regular marijuana user. Just sayin'.

I was thinking more along the lines of odes to drink being generally better than odes to drug, but of course I've got nothing but the Pogues pre-1991 catalog to back this up.

I was thinking more along the lines of odes to drink being generally better than odes to drug, but of course I've got nothing but the Pogues pre-1991 catalog to back this up.

I'm 100% with you there.

And Ray Charles (among many other great musicians) a regular heroin user for many years.

I think the point can be made that too much of anything=not good.

ed. Although, come to think of it Ray seemed to do o.k., didn't he?

Well, he didn't die from it (and presumably beat the addiction which is unattainable for 90% of heroin addicts) and he remained famous, but I think he had some tough times for a while.

On a side note, how awesome is he in The Blues Brothers?