Sydney - 21st April

I have not decided as of yet, but i'll probably put it up on bt.etree. The other sites have pretty strict rules on torrenting webcasts(maybe etree does too? i dont know). I plan to have it ready to seed tomorrow at the latest, and when i put it up, i'll post a link to it here.

Does etree allow webcast torrents? If not, who does? Does anybody know? It's reasons like these why i miss the VC Tracker. I could post Wilco webcasts there without the fear of having my ip address banned.

Aaron - to the best of my knowledge etree has never had problems with seeding webcasts. Seems like I remember a couple of Wilco webcasts being seeded there before.

I'd say go ahead.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the pics and videos, everyone. My sister and I weren't able to capture much ourselves so we're very grateful.

One of the security guards seemed pretty good at knowing when you were holding your camera up for too long to simply be framing a shot..

The one on the left side of the stage? He approached us at least 5 times to either ask us about the camera or to make sure we weren't videoing. We were going to, but he was very vigilant!

We did get a few pictures though. Most of them are downright awful, but these are the few that turned out okay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ims...rl/PICT6099.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ims...rl/PICT6094.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ims...rl/PICT6087.jpg

It was my first Wilco show and it was so absolutely amazing. I wish I could go to a show like that every night. Just awesome.

was that a grey haired guy?? - one kept on walking past us and pointing to someone about 2 or 3 rows back. thanks for the pics, by the way. from the angle of them, it might have you that got the finger from him!

i'll get my pics up tomorrow morning

The one on the left side of the stage? He approached us at least 5 times to either ask us about the camera or to make sure we weren't videoing. We were going to, but he was very vigilant!

Nice pics! Yeah, that was him. He never said anything to me but I got the message loud and clear from what he was saying to people around me (which would've included you, considering the angle of our pics :) )

Yeah, the grey-haired guy. He gave someone the finger? I saw something going on but whoever got busted was behind and to the right of us. We were right up the front.

You must have been in around the same place, Anna.

Yeah the guard was pointing out someone behind my right shoulder too. I think he spent most of the night trying to figure out who was using flash a lot, and eventually singled them out.

I was front row in front of Jeff, possibly standing right next to you Carla. And I have a pretty good idea of who/where Froggie was, thanks to Jeff pointing him out!

i think it took me 36 hours to process the evening ;)

i saw the Matthew Passion at easter and it gave me the same sense of musical/sensory overload

feels like an unattainable benchmark for a rock concert

A dream came true at the Enmore on Saturday night. Awesome is all I can say. Can never pick a favourite Wilco song - love em all. Truely amazing and breathtaking to watch. It was 2 1/2 hours they played for - wasn't it. They looked a bit tired by the end but to my amazement Jeff said we'll play a few more. Just amazing and Froggie it just goes to show, Jeff does read the posts. :worship

hi all

just back from sydney and what can i say!?! saturday was an absolute delight - my heartfelt thanks to froggie and sharon and bronwyn and simon for their company and their karma - meeting up with froggie and the gang was obviously a wilco good luck charm!

not only was the sydney show one of the best shows i've ever been to (and my husband and i have been going to gigs for 20 years now - he started taking me to gigs when i was 15, bless him), but we met jeff when he arrived at the enmore and got to say thanks for coming to oz/brissie! he stopped on his way in for interviews/soundcheck and shook each of our hands and said a few words, which was lovely of him

then for the show we managed to score a spot right up the front (on pat's side) so we had a perfect view of all the guys rocking out and the show was killer (including the shoutout to froggie :thumbup ) i couldn't have asked for a better set list - there really were far too many highlights for a single show, but the poor places/spiders finale was simply sublime :wub

then i got the setlist, which i'd missed out on in brisbane, and then, thanks to sharon, to cap off a brilliant night we got into the enmore after party! and met and chatted with pat, nels, john and mikael! they were all so lovely

all in all, an absolutely brilliant bloody day! :worship THANK YOU WILCO! :worship please come back to oz soon - we really can't wait another 4 years, it's just far too long!

cheers,

whiskeygirl

whiskeygirl (and everyone else too) -- sounds like you had a really fab time.

And though I have never met you, I can totally hear you "reading" your post with a wonderful aussie accent :yay

Kingpin

Ha! Lots of talk about Australia being settled by pirates, Jeff not knowing his geography being American and such. Is this where Froggie got a mention? Nice work, Mende! :)

Igotta get acopy of the recording ..........just for this!!!!

-Robert.

I'm new to this board so hello everyone. I was at the show at the Enmore the other night and was completely blown away by how great Wilco were. Of course I knew the great songs and albums I'd heard over the years but nothing prepared me for Wilco live. Even Kicking Television, which I consider one of the greatest live albums ever, didn't prepare me for this show. I noticed some others complaining about Nels Cline on the Melbourne thread. I wasn't there but I really thought he brought something special to the show in Sydney. I actually expected him to be featured more but was pleasantly surprised by his restraint. He wasn't too dominant in the mix at all in Sydney, I was dead centre of the second row -B- which was about as good a spot as you can get and the sound was very balanced; never too loud or two quiet. In fact it was possible the best quality live mix I've heard, apart from Lou Reed in Adelaide in 2000. Anyway back to Nels. I quite like the fact he brings something different to the band's sound and I get off on the atonal stuff; It's visceral and exciting and takes the already great songs to another level. I have a solo album of Nels and he's a completely different proposition to when he's with Wilco and I think he fits the band really well and by the looks of him on stage he nothing but the greatest respect for Jeff's songs.

Anyway, great show.