Side with the seeds video

> here's hoping there are some songs that are going to bowl me over that i've yet to hear.

back in 1997, i heard about some mermaid avenue album that was about to come out. since i'm a dylan fan, the woody guthrie lyrics thing got me interested. i was in a record shop at the time and i saw it there. i was looking at the back cover while it was playing over the whole shop when the guy working there said "this is the only good song it"........ they shop was playing Birds and ships!. After hearing California stars on the radio soon after down here (the first 'wilco' song to be played on commercial radio in australia), it made me check out the band further - became a big fan

give the album a chance - 'tis a goodie

I'm worried for you now more than ever too. If that didn't do it for you at all, you may indeed be disappointed. That performance and song are incredible--in my opinion of course.

Yeah, really. That's my favorite song on the album. I think what the deal is is that you're not turning it up loud enough.

I sent a friend this link. He loves nothing more than to tease me about my love affair with Wilco, so of course I send him every example of my uberfandom. Why? 'Cause that's how I roll.

His reply:

"Subject: are you on comission?

I can't believe you sent me an Amazon link. It's not

even out for 2 weeks. Weirdo.

On the other hand, here's how much of a nerd I am: the

guitar that Tweedy is playing? It's a Gibson, Barney

Kessel model. The unique Florentine cutaway gives it

away. Can't tell you what year though."

I love these teaser videos. Can't wait to get the whole shebang in the mail. :)

Yeah, if you don't like "Seeds," dude, just listen to the record now and save yourself an additional two weeks of suspense before your eventual letdown. Because, honestly, you're probably going to hate it.

Me? Love it.

word. seconded. :thumbup

I wouldn't worry too much about being let down by the album as a whole. I'm not crazy about Side With The Seeds either (mainly because of Jeff's straining for vocals that are clearly out of his range), but there's plenty of great stuff on there, including Either Way, You Are My Face, and the title track.

I wouldn't worry too much about being let down by the album as a whole. I'm not crazy about Side With The Seeds either (mainly because of Jeff's straining for vocals that are clearly out of his range), but there's plenty of great stuff on there, including Either Way, You Are My Face, and the title track.

This song is quite clearly within his range. Are you deaf?

Is there any way for me to get this video over to YouTube without having to download and learn a bunch of stuff? I'm thinking probably not. Someone more familiar with the methods will probably do it eventually! :monkey

Is there any way for me to get this video over to YouTube without having to download and learn a bunch of stuff? I'm thinking probably not. Someone more familiar with the methods will probably do it eventually! :monkey

It would just be removed.

Don't worry, a dislike for a couple of songs isn't going to do an entire album in for me. There are at least a couple on every album thus far that I've disliked. I've already got tix for the Charlotte show and will probably go to another. I've also done the pre-order special and will still be at Plan 9 as soon as it opens next week. I don't need an intervention or anything.

his range has gotten quite a bit wider over the years

I'm not crazy about Side With The Seeds either (mainly because of Jeff's straining for vocals that are clearly out of his range)

You would really despise my vocals for sure,I love (Strain) it shows pain.

This is the first thing i've listened to. i've still yet to to listen to the album and thought i'd tide myself over by allowing myself to hear one song. well, i'm more worried now than before. this one does nothing for me at all. it's on par with my dislike of on&on etc. here's hoping there are some songs that are going to bowl me over that i've yet to hear.

If anything the music from these videos sounds a lot better to me than the tighter, more subdued album versions. There's a video for Hate It Here floating around, that's one of the better tracks on the record, if that one doesn't do it for you then there's no hope left, turn in your jacket.

I'm worried for you now more than ever too. If that didn't do it for you at all, you may indeed be disappointed. That performance and song are incredible--in my opinion of course.

I'm not worried for any true Wilco fan with this one. It's a grower! I LOATHED SBS the first 3 or so times I heard it, and then i had an incomprehendable epiphany and couldn't listen to anything else for a long time... I still really can't. This album is GORGEOUS. It might be the best thing they've ever done. I'm on the verge of tears several times when I'm having a good listen.

I've only listened to it via streams on their website (so about three times) and I do have to agree on the tears part because SBS really creates a beautiful message filled with hope in a gloomy time in our world.

i never liked this one that much either until i saw live just recently. loved the live version and then listening to the studio one again after that, started loving that one too.... definately a grower

• 1 month later...