Unheard Beatles "last great song"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was Paul getting his revenge on Phil Specter.

I think I like that version better though - it was probably at least close to what the Glynn Johns version would have been.

I think "Let It Be... Naked" is way better than the original, and moves possibly into my top 5 Beatles albums. The version of "I've Got A Feeling" on there may just be the best song ever recorded by any band ever. Ever.

I like Free As a Bird, still haven't heard Real Love. Reading Many Years From Now was actually kinda my introduction to the Beatles, so I actually prob have always leaned more towards Paul even though hearing I Am the Walrus on the radio is what made me buy my first Beatles album. Of course, that was probably 7 or 8 years ago, so who knows how I would interpret it now with what else I've learned. I've been listening to those Lost Lennon Tapes radio broadcasts that someone posted a link to and have gained so much respect for Lennon. Just hearing the demos of all his later solo work lets you really hear how great the songs are and not the late 70's/early 80's production. I have also picked up the Plastic Ono Band on vinyl and love it as well.

Speaking of Let it Be....why was Don't Let Me Down not included on the album? That is a phenomenal song with all the changes, etc. They put joke songs on there, but not a great Lennon original? Only reason I can think of is if he wanted to save it as a single.

• 10 years later...