Coolest decision I'll ever have to make

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the writing on the headstocks are backwards...reversed
That's what i figured, but my eyesight is kind of shot, so I couldn't tell. I'd imagine it'd be tough, if not impossible, to find all those in left handed versions.

I'm not normally a fan of Les Paul Customs, but the brown sunburst one looks pretty sharp.

If you are in search of a lady friend, take the Rick. If you have a lady friend, and want her to never leave you, take the Rick.

If you plan on playing for a long time, take the Telecaster dude. If you're looking for one guitar to do everything you need, I'd go with that, hands down. The others are certainly rad beyond all belief (amazing taste), but I'd toss it up between the Tele and the Parker.

Seriously though, I'm buying a jetglo 360 like that as soon as I have the money. I don't need it, but my God, you can't hold one of those things and not look cooler than Shaft. And you know about Shaft.

If you are in search of a lady friend, take the Rick.

I'll definitely take this into consideration. :lol

Thanks for all the extra opinions guys. :blush I just signed up for a couple months of electric guitar lessons and practicing with the different guitars should help

P.S. I flipped the pictures horizontally and re-uploaded them so they look right now.

If you are in search of a lady friend, take the Rick. If you have a lady friend, and want her to never leave you, take the Rick.

God, you can't hold one of those things and not look cooler than Shaft. And you know about Shaft.

I'll definitely take this into consideration. :lol

Ah, well.

If were going to take stuff like this into consideration allow me to offer this thought: I see your sporting a beard. Which of these guitars best accent a beard?

You got it, that's right. Gretsch.

"When you want that scruffy sound to go along with that scruffy look. Gretsch Guitars".

:lol

The simple answer to this question is: which guitar do you like best? Which one is the most fun to play for you? Get the guitar that you like best, not the guitar that some stranger on the internet likes best.

• 3 weeks later...

Telecasters are great guitars. I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely.

I own a good number of guitars (14 at the moment if memory serves) and have bought and sold about that many too, as I've discovered what I do and don't like, bought to collect, sold because I got tired of the instrument, etc., etc.

I bought a 1990 Japanese made Telecaster in 1991 for $200. I still have that one and can't imagine ever parting with it. Sure sentimentality plays into that a little. But it's just a solid, solid, verstaile guitar that will never go out of style. It also is an instrument where if somehting happens to it, heartbreak doesn't necessarily ensue. That Gretsch is a collector's piece for sure.

I think you made a great choice.

Ian