Impossible Germany

Ok well I figured I'd compile all of this into one full tab. I'm still not sure of the verse chords and we might have to wait until Shake It Off comes out or I go see them live lol. Poortranslator was hitting something I believe so maybe he can help out. I tabbed the solo to the best of my ability but really just play in G major and you'll be good.

Intro- 3 guitars

e --------------------------------------------------------------

b --8-10-10-10-10-10-10-8----8-12-12-12-12-12-12-8---

g 9-----------------------------9-------------------------------

d ---------------------------------------------------------------

a ---------------------------------------------------------------

e ---------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is exact.

e -------12~-----------10~----

b ---13--------------12--------

g 14--------------12-----------

d ------------------------------

a -------------------------------

e -------------------------------

e --0--------0-------0---------0--------0---

b 8---8h10----8/12---12---7---7-8-5-----

g --------------------------------------------

d --------------------------------------------

a --------------------------------------------

e --------------------------------------------

Here are poortranslators chords which I think are pretty close, they all follow this sort of line. The last riff Nels does during the first verse.

verse: Amsus4-Am-Cmaj7-Cmaj6-G-Em-Am

e -----------------------------------------------------3---

b 3---1----0----------------0------------------3/5------

g ---------------2-----0---------2------------------------

d ---------------------------------------------------------

a ---------------------------------------------------------

e ---------------------------------------------------------

poortranslator posted something along these lines before and I think this is what Jeff is playing.

e -------------------------------------------------------------------------

b -------------------------------------------------------------------------

g 7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-4-4-4-4-2-2-2-2-0-0-0-0-4-4-4-4-5-5-5-5-

d 7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-4-4-4-4-2-2-2-2-5-5-5-5-7-7-7-7-

a -------------------------------------------------------------------------

e -------------------------------------------------------------------------

poortranslators chorus chords are essentially perfect as well.

chorus: C-Am-C-Am-G-Em-Am-C-Am-C

Then we go back to that last riff in the intro and the other guitars come in. Then the verse and chorus again and then we have the solo! It's not perfect but it gives you an outline on what to play for sure.

e --------------10p7/3----------------------------10-7-10/12---------17h19------12p10/7-7h8p7h8p7-----------------------------2-3---/7-7-5--------

b 10h12~----------------------------10h12~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------3----3----------------8-5----

g --------------------------4h5p4--------------------------------------------------------------------------------4h5p4~----4----4--------------------------

d ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e 7--------10-7-----10--7h10p10----10--7h10p7--------12-10-----------------------------------------------------------

b --8-5----------8------------------8-----------------8-------------12-10---Stuff I haven't figured out yet-------------

g -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

d -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e 7h8-7--5-3--------------------------------------------3-5-7-8-8-7-5-3--------------------------------------------------15-----15----17/19--17------

b ---------------/5-3---------------------3-5-5-5----5----------------------/5-5-3------------17-15-------------15-17------17--------------------------

g ---------------------4-0---/4-4---4-5----------------------------------------------4-0---------------17-16-17------------------------------------------

d -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the riff Jeff and Pat jam at the end of the song while Nels goes nuts. I'll figure out his parts eventually as well.

e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b --------------------------------------------------------------------------8-----8-10/12-10--

g 9-7--------9-7-----------9-7-----------7---------9-7------------7-9------9-----------------

d -----10---------10-9----------10-9-10----------------10-9-10------------------------------

a ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the outro here poortranslator tabbed out as well.

postlude: G-Em-Am-Am

Well there you go, I'll keep adding stuff as I figure it out but I think that gives you a pretty comprehensive look at the song. Thanks to poortranslator for figuring a bunch of this out as well.

• 2 months later...
theyre the same, its just an enharmonic reference. ie, its an a minor backing.

So like...

E A D G B e

x-0-2-2-3-0

Also can you recommend a scale to improvise over the solo parts that you haven't tabbed? I know the key is G major but the pentatonic scale I've been using is a little boring. Maybe harmonic major or somethin?

So like...

E A D G B e

x-0-2-2-3-0

Also can you recommend a scale to improvise over the solo parts that you haven't tabbed? I know the key is G major but the pentatonic scale I've been using is a little boring. Maybe harmonic major or somethin?

try looking at learning modes - basically you choose a note from your major scale, then build a scale using the same notes from the major starting at a different point.

so if you are in G major, possibly choose C as a starting note, so your scale will run CDEF#GABC.

then find a C note to start this from (8th fret, 6Th string) and work out a position thats comfortable. different modes have different feels, so try them out.

theres lots of stuff you can read about them, try searching on wholenote.com under lessons

hope this helps