best 5 consecutive albums?

MMT and LIB aren't pure Beatles albums to my criteria.

They're collections of recordings from various phases. The band didn't mean to release MMT as an album (it was a decision of the US market), and McCartney didn't want to release LIB.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's just say you're not as ornery as you claimed to be. For a minute I was mildly interested in coming here. ;)

I am never ornery....I am always quite the gentleman and very polite.

Blue Boy

Cobblestone Runway

Retreiver

Destination Unknown

Time Being

Telephono

Series Of Sneaks

Girls Can Tell

Kill The Moonlight

Gimme Fiction

Heartbreaker

Gold

Demolition

(Rock N Roll)

Love Is Hell

Cold Roses

In Need Of Medical Attention

Down At The Khyber

Truthfully, Truthfully

La De Da

Ashtray Rock

People are going to shit on me for this but oh well.

Fevers And Mirrors

Lifted

I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

Digital Ash In A Digital Urn

Cassadaga

Depends on how you count this.

Seven Swans

Michigan

Illinois

The Avalanche

Christmas Album

Also Bonnie 'Prince' Billy might be eligable. If the new White Stripes is any good they could eligable. I really don't think many bands besides Dylan, Young and The Beatles beat out Wilco on this though, Wilco will be rememered for these albums and hopefully more to come!

---

Also -- can't believe this one hasn't come up yet:

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Bayou Country

Green River

Willy & The Poor Boys

Cosmo's Factory

----

see page 2

:cheers

:P I rely way too much on the search function. I searched on "Bayou" on each page and nothing came up, so...

i'll have to second, third or fourth the jawbreaker, husker du, drag the river, ramones and descendents listings. i would go futher with neko case, but she hasn't made 5 studio albums yet as a solo artist (or with the boyfriends).

lucero has had a good run as well.

Fevers And Mirrors

Lifted

I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

Digital Ash In A Digital Urn

Cassadaga

Not sure those are on the level of Wilco's, but I'm Wide Awake is as good as anything Wilco's ever done. My God, what a perfect album. Equally emotional, funny, heart breaking, and uplifting.

Not sure those are on the level of Wilco's, but I'm Wide Awake is as good as anything Wilco's ever done. My God, what a perfect album. Equally emotional, funny, heart breaking, and uplifting.

Oh I agree completely, but they are five pretty good albums in a row.

That's daring.........but that list is suspect,IMO........

Well that's how I've kinda felt about the whole thread. I think 'cause it's entirely a matter of personal opinion.

But it seems as though a lot of people are picking 3 or 4 great albums and saying the 5th one "even though it's the weak link" or something along those lines. With Sufjan there are really only 3 great albums with a bunch of average stuff surrounding it, so I know he would not make it for me.

Really, there are not many bands that can pull off 5 consecutive amazing albums. 5 albums with not a single song I want to skip past... Wilco doesn't work simply because of my desire to skip "Less Than You Think" and "My Darling" every single time. The Beatles don't even work for me because there are several "tunes" on the White Album I feel a strong desire to skip everytime.

The only bands for me personally that have released five REALLY strong albums (IMO) consecutively are:

Spoon - Telephono, A Series Of Sneaks, Girls Can Tell, Kill The Moonlight

Talking Heads - '77, More Songs About Buildings And Food, Fear Of Music, Remain In Light, Speaking In Tongues

Led Zeppelin - I, II, III, IV, Houses Of The Holy

Deerhoof - Reveille, Milk Man, Apple O, The Runners Four, Friend Opportunity

White Stripes - S/T, De Stijl, White Blood Cells, Elephant, Get Behind Me Satan