Shepherds Bush Webcasts

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally missed this show too. :ohwell The 16-year old was in the variety show.

Damn, "Be Not So Fearful"!!! A quick glance at WilcoBase says it's been nearly 2 years since that one was played.

Donna, I'm so glad everyone seems to be OK. Take care. :cheekkiss

Is that the first show since Being There without a single song from Being There or earlier? Not complaining (at all), but from a setlist-watching perspective, nothing pre-Summerteeth really jumps out.

And ALTWSS / Shake It Off ... wow, there's some serious guitar.

rcb

http://parenthetical.blog-city.com

Music, politics, culture, food ...

Who gives fuck? They are supposed to be playing SBS stuff and their more latest stuff. Though I do love that era, but I always look towards the future. But basically, who cares they did not play anything from that era because they did a duet with Bill Fay. The man is so awesome, and I never would have thought for this to happen.

Well, to answer your first question, prostitutes. Prostitutes give f*ck. Do you people really not know this stuff? :blink

But really, can't we get away from all this foul & unnecessary language?

I don't think rcb30 was saying he/she particularly cared, I think he/she just wondered. Rcb, you can find this sort of info by going to the wealth of information at WilcoBase.com. (Thank you again, Rob of WilcoBase! :worship )

Well, to answer your first question, prostitutes. Prostitutes give f*ck. Do you people really not know this stuff? :blink

Man, the things one learns from this here site make life a little more interesting!

I'm sending more healing vibes over to the kidsmoke family!!! Glad everyone is doing ok!

Man, the things one learns from this here site make life a little more interesting!

I'm sending more healing vibes over to the kidsmoke family!!! Glad everyone is doing ok!

Thank you, blindgonzo. It's been a rocky weekend & we appreciate it more than you know.

Froggie, I'm happy to help the educational level in any country. In the USA, this stuff isn't taught before 11th grade. How like you Aussies to teach the important stuff way back in 9th grade.

thanks donna.... must have been that bad cold i had in year 9 :lol

dick (oops!), open the cd in windows explorer (if you're a PC person) and see what comes up. i get a quicktime movie file and a readme.txt file

just by putting the disk in the drive didnt do anything

I'm not surprised, since it's England. For whatever reason, he seems to continue to have difficulties communicating with British audiences. Have you ever heard the 4-13-97 Shepherd's Bush gig?

He wasn't moody last night, in fact, he was more relaxed and smiley than usual. Jeff made a reference to past 'problems' in London, but he's done so many shows since that 'incident', I wonder if he'll ever get over it. The last show I saw him at was his solo show which was also at the Empire, and he was very chatty, the audience loved him, he seemed to have a great time.... "Jeff, it's in the past!" ;)

I think what happened in "Muzzle" was he simply forgot the words for a second... possibly because of the chat going into the song, but he just laughed it off, not moody in the slightest.

The show was fantastic. With the line-up they have now, Wilco are like some kind of orchestra, the instrumentation and the arrangements are amazing, you get the feeling they could play any type of music they feel like..... 'twas lovely.

He wasn't moody last night, in fact, he was more relaxed and smiley than usual. Jeff made a reference to past 'problems' in London, but he's done so many shows since that 'incident', I wonder if he'll ever get over it. The last show I saw him at was his solo show which was also at the Empire, and he was very chatty, the audience loved him, he seemed to have a great time.... "Jeff, it's in the past!" ;)

I think what happened in "Muzzle" was he simply forgot the words for a second... possibly because of the chat going into the song, but he just laughed it off, not moody in the slightest.

The show was fantastic. With the line-up they have now, Wilco are like some kind of orchestra, the instrumentation and the arrangements are amazing, you get the feeling they could play any type of music they feel like..... 'twas lovely.

Well, it's good to hear that there was no "altercation." I guess that's the way it came across on the webcast to a few people without the benefit of video. I didn't get to hear that part, b/c of the audio problems.

Great version of "I am the man...". Nice rocking end to the song. "The Late Greats". The one song I wish they would drop from their live sets. Boring when you hear it for the thousandth time.

well, you either get to see way more shows than is fair, or you could stop playing it..... ;) As I don't get to see them that often, and I like the song, i was pleased with it. Live, it's a great tune, and for the break, Nels just kind of took off, started jumping up and down, and jumped right out of view (from where I was standing) to the side of the stage, and came bouncing back on, with him and Mikael smiling at each other...

Who gives fuck? They are supposed to be playing SBS stuff and their more latest stuff. Though I do love that era, but I always look towards the future. But basically, who cares they did not play anything from that era because they did a duet with Bill Fay. The man is so awesome, and I never would have thought for this to happen.

Lighten up, Francis. It was an observation, not a complaint. From a setlist perspective, it marks a new era in a way. I'm sure Jeff is happy to have enough later material to be able to do that when he wants. Just a little observation about live performances, not meant in any way as an offense to Mr. Fay.

rcb

I think it would be cool to use the chat page to have a realtime chat through the webcast. It'll be like watching it with friends, only it won't be insanely obnoxious to everyone else to talk through the performance. see the "Because I'm Kind Of A Geek" thread or click here if you're interested.