Oh, man! I'm glad I saw this. Anyone going to the 9:30 Club show on Thursday?

I would, if ticks are available yet. I'm on the 930 mailing list, but must have missed the announcement. I saw this movie this past Saturday in D.C. at the E Street (I think that's where it was- they're showing Labyrinth in August! I think I might have found a substitute for my beloved Michigan Theater back in A2). Anyway, good flick, good tunes, and perfect running time.

dcd

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would, if ticks are available yet. I'm on the 930 mailing list, but must have missed the announcement. I saw this movie this past Saturday in D.C. at the E Street (I think that's where it was- they're showing Labyrinth in August! I think I might have found a substitute for my beloved Michigan Theater back in A2). Anyway, good flick, good tunes, and perfect running time.

dcd

Done. Just got me a ticket. Price is right, too.

dcd

Done. Just got me a ticket. Price is right, too.

dcd

Yeah. I'm on the fence about going. I have a friend who went to the movie with me and wants to go, but she has a commitment in Adams Morgan and it's going to be a three-ringed logistics circus for me to get her and get to the show. :lol I guess I'll decide today.

Stream of Swell Season on NPR at the 9:30 Club

What a great show. The songs from the movie were great, but of special delight were a few of the Frames songs like Star, Star and The Pavement Song, as well as the covers of the Pixies, Van Morrison, and Bob Dylan.

Does anybody have the power (or inclination) to capture this? Or, do any of you have good recommendations for easy-to-use and preferably free software to get the job done? I would really like to have this on CD.

Thanks,

dcd

Great movie.....the show at the Old Town School tonight is long since sold out, but I am going to try and cope a ticket if one gives one back to the box office. It should be a hot show.

LouieB

Great movie.....the show at the Old Town School tonight is long since sold out, but I am

going to try and cope a ticket if one gives one back to the box office. It should be a hot show.

LouieB

Did you make it to the show, LB?

BTW, scroll down to Download MP3/4 and get your own coy of the 9:30 show.

dcd

I went to this show at the old town it was really really really good. the setlist was similar to the 9:30 club one but included a song glen described as an old folk song which I wish I remembered the name of. If anyone has a setlist please post it. And if you have a chance go see these guys the're awesome.

and Marketa is hot.

Stream of Swell Season on NPR at the 9:30 Club

What a great show. The songs from the movie were great, but of special delight were a few of the Frames songs like Star, Star and The Pavement Song, as well as the covers of the Pixies, Van Morrison, and Bob Dylan.

Does anybody have the power (or inclination) to capture this? Or, do any of you have good recommendations for easy-to-use and preferably free software to get the job done? I would really like to have this on CD.

Thanks,

dcd

Shoot! A pity I couldn't go. I guess I'll have to enjoy the npr download instead

5.TV Appearnaces:

July 30th The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC)

Aug 1st The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS)

Aug 3rd Last Call with Carson Daly (NBC)

Reminder... Leno tonight.

We saw the show at Old Town on Sat. night. Also say Louie waiting outside. I guess he didn't make it in. :( It was a wonderful show! I can't repeat how much I loved it. Beautiful songs, beautiful harmonies, and Glen has such a powerful voice, first time I'd seen him in person, he was great! Marketa is a cutie, very shy, but they were both very nice after the show, signing and talking with us. Loved his story-telling between songs and the accent.... :)

I know all their shows are sold out, but hopefully they'll come back to the US soon.

Some unaired clips from Last Call:

backstage interview with Glen and Marketa

If You Want Me

The Amoeba in-store appearance was packed. The show tonight is in a really small venue, and I would be willing to bet that more people saw them today than will be at the show tonight. Glen talked a bit about how strange it is to be getting so much attention all a sudden, after years of just plugging along with the Frames.

Did you make it to the show, LB?
No, I did find a ticket, which I gave up to someone else who reallywanted to see it. As a way to thank all those outside the two of them came out during the opening set and did a two song busk for us. That in itself was pretty special and made not seeing the real show okay. There was a camera crew so maybe some day that short show on Lincoln Ave will make it into a DVD.

The think that surprised me about seeing them in real life was that Marketa has lighter hair than I expected and she is not as short as I expected either. Also Glenn is not as tall. It is weird how movies make people look so different. I did get to talk to Marketa for a few seconds however. I think she was fairly overwhelmed by all the attentionfrrom people on the streets here. There were nearly a hundred people standing on the sidewalk waiting to get in who couldn't.

The Frames are going to be at the Hideout Block Party. Both the Frames and the Swell Season have played the Hideout before, long before they were famous obviously. Glenn is bringing the Frames to the Block Party despite a brutal tour schedule and new found fame. I spoke to Tim about this at length. Really a good guy Glenn is. He could have copped out but now he will get a huge crowd, probably bigger than he would have otherwise had it not been for the movie.

Apparently the Swell Season is coming back around to Chicago in the fall.

LouieB

No, I did find a ticket, which I gave up to someone else who reallywanted to see it. As a way to thank all those outside the two of them came out during the opening set and did a two song busk for us. That in itself was pretty special and made not seeing the real show okay. There was a camera crew so maybe some day that short show on Lincoln Ave will make it into a DVD.

They really do seem like nice people. Glen asked this girl up to dance with them towards the end of the set, and then her mother said that outside, after the show, he played tag with her all up and down the sidewalk.

1020642516_857d0c80ee.jpg

The venue was a small church, with really beautiful acoustics. Very different from a Frames show at the Fillmore!

1019707749_dfc6ac5bd3.jpg

1019690325_24922d20a5.jpg

1019694877_82014b786b.jpg

1020623622_ac14dcf7c3.jpg