Okkervil River - The Stage Names

Definitely in the top 10 for me. No question. I'm really loving it.

I got the version with two discs - the extra acoustic demos disc is stop-dead-in-your-tracks fabulous as well. I wish all bands did this! Will Sheff and Jagjaguwar rule!

New website with messages from Will in the "news" section: http://okkervilriver.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up Jakob!

Saw them for free at Waterloo Records on Friday. Pretty good 40 minute performance, not great, but good.

Does anyone have a copy of 'Stars Too Small To Use'? It seems to be out of print on cd, and I can't find a digital copy anywhere.

I really like this band. I just discovered them in the past month...downloaded everything I could and I'll probably go and buy some of it when I get a job. Wish they were coming somewhere closer to my city than Chicago. Guess I'll see them on Conan tonight!

My DL spree included a copy of the aforementioned album. PM me if interested and maybe we can work something out...

I have this album. It came with a sticker and they look really goofy in the promo pics. Will is the only original member left in the band I think.

I have this album. It came with a sticker and they look really goofy in the promo pics. Will is the only original member left in the band I think.

Jonathan Meiburg came on after Stars Too Small to Use and has been around ever since, but yeah I think the other current members didn't fall into place until BSB.

Absolutely terrible.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Worst band of the year.

Ok "65days".

How did they end up being the worst band of the year? Were they better last year?

I actually quite enjoy The Stage Names, the Conan preformance and Okkervill River as a whole.

I'm still not feeling it with this album... I've even got past his disappointing performance at ATP, but I just don't find this album as catchy... Looks like it's just me though!

I'm not digging it as much as BSB+A either. The first track sounds like Counting Crows with a dash of Win Butler, but I don't mean that to be flattering.

Unless It's Kicks is pretty damn good though. Some of the slower songs aren't bad either.

Of course, No Key, No Plan, is one of my favorite tracks of theirs. So what do I know?