no

The reason somebody "like that" can rise so high at Justice is because the administration placed her there. I don't have the stats, but I believe Jon Stewart did a breakdown of the education and/or experience of a number of high-ranking Justice officials. It's not pretty.

They are there because the administration believes they will follow party line over the law, when called on to do so.

The reason somebody "like that" can rise so high at Justice is because the administration placed her there. I don't have the stats, but I believe Jon Stewart did a breakdown of the education and/or experience of a number of high-ranking Justice officials. It's not pretty.

They are there because the administration believes they will follow party line over the law, when called on to do so.

the justice dept has been around for 200 plus years. imo a democrat would never have some sapheaded moron like that anywhere near that high up

the justice dept has been around for 200 plus years. imo a democrat would never have some sapheaded moron like that anywhere near that high up

The Justice Department has been around for a long time, yes. Many of the positions within the Justice Department are political appointees, which is exactly what Monica Goodling was. I don't necessarily think it's a Democrat/Republican thing so much as just an overall integrity thing. Every administration uses political appointments as rewards and favors. It's a matter of extent.

I believe Jon Stewart did a breakdown of the education and/or experience of a number of high-ranking Justice officials. It's not pretty.

I get all my news from him. He's quite the scholar as well. :dontgetit

I get all my news from him. He's quite the scholar as well. :dontgetit

I don't get all my news from the Daily Show, but I did get that particular piece of news from that particular source. Jon Stewart is a pretty smart guy. He didn't get a J.D. from Regent University Law School or anything, but he does okay.

I was pretty disgusted at the testimony I heard yesterday (of course). They give this woman immunity, and with the first question Rep. Conyers asks she pleads the Fifth. They have to explain to her that she is obligated to answer any & all questions as a condition of her immunity. You would think she'd know that!

Then she answers the questions about all manner of stuff regarding the firings, but some reason ( :lol ) can't ever remember WHO it was that said what. No wonder no one has any faith in the American justice system. :ohwell

how could someone like that become so high up at justice??? regent law school.

From a recent Boston Globe article:

The Regent law school was founded in 1986, when Oral Roberts University shut down its ailing law school and sent its library to [Pat] Robertson's Bible-based college in Virginia. It was initially called "CBN University School of Law" after the televangelist's Christian Broadcasting Network, whose studios share the campus and which provided much of the funding for the law school. (The Coors Foundation is also a donor to the university.)

Not long ago, it was rare for Regent graduates to join the federal government. But in 2001, the Bush administration picked the dean of Regent's government school, Kay Coles James , to be the director of the Office of Personnel Management -- essentially the head of human resources for the executive branch. The doors of opportunity for government jobs were thrown open to Regent alumni.

"It used to be that high-level DOJ jobs were generally reserved for the best of the legal profession," wrote a contributor to The New Republic website . ". . . That a recent graduate of one of the very worst (and sketchiest) law schools with virtually no relevant experience could ascend to this position is a sure sign that there is something seriously wrong at the DOJ."

The Justice Department has been around for a long time, yes. Many of the positions within the Justice Department are political appointees, which is exactly what Monica Goodling was. I don't necessarily think it's a Democrat/Republican thing so much as just an overall integrity thing. Every administration uses political appointments as rewards and favors. It's a matter of extent.

Positions are politcal as far as being appinted by one president or another, however the position it self is supposed to be politcs neutral. It appears that these people have used the position for politcal activities..almost exclusively.

What stuns me though is that no one at justice seems to have been involved int he firings. Essentially each person testifies and says that they were only involved in a minor way or nto at all, and of course once he testified and pointed fingers, everyone who testified knew they were not involved but were pretty positive Mc Nulty was the guy. Even though before his testemony they said iit was others, but not them. *sigh* is anyone accountable here

PH2007052300863.jpg

(Way, way hotter than that last Monica, IMHO.)

:hitit

the comey testimony about gonzo and card showing up at ashcroft's hospital room really shows how far this country has been led astray for partisan purposes. the thing is that the bushies are great at politics, but not governing. i'd so much rather have the opposite.

the comey testimony about gonzo and card showing up at ashcroft's hospital room really shows how far this country has been led astray for partisan purposes. the thing is that the bushies are great at politics, but not governing. i'd so much rather have the opposite.

The fact that two of the major networks still have not reported on that hospital visit shows how led astray the mainstream media is as well. One would think that the White House trying to skirt the law by ambushing a heavily medicated post-op AG would be bigger news.

This whole situation is VERY disturbing. During her testimony Goodling admitted that Tim Griffin (th?), Karl Rove's former assistant and now US Attorney in Little Rock, AK was involved in "caging" during the 2004 presidential election. (yes, he did replace one of the fired attorneys and coincidentally ended up in the one place where he can have access to the Clinton's past...) "Caging" is a tactic used in the marketing business, but when used in elections, it is used to expel registered voters from election rolls. It is a felony and the Republican party has been working under a restraining order preventing them from using this tactic since 1986.

Some people are suggesting that the Republican party should be subject to federal RICO laws for conspiracy, racketeering and election fraud. I think I'm starting to agree. Its seems that the corruption goes well beyond the White House.

Sadly, NOT ONE mainstream media outlet has discussed this.

No, I meant to debate this entire situation and was hoping to some how solve it here.....on this board.

Did you misunderstand me? Let me clarify.....It was a joke.

I hope I can still do that here.

I beleive it came out in her testemony (or maybe it was the latest batch of emails) that they were talking in 2005 about sending griffin to Arkansas. I fully beleive that Ashcroft was fired for not signing off on the wiretap plan and replaced with a pliable yes man who would do whatever he was told.