Studio version of "the thanks I get" in commercial.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this starts up again, i'm giving this thread the same that dude gave that show:

Two thumbs up. Up my own eye sockets! :lol

p.s. I don't get the correlation. Are you saying Ponds is selling out sponsoring a shit mini series or Ponds should use a a Wilco song cause they're easy?

if this starts up again, i'm giving this thread the same that dude gave that show:

Two thumbs up. Up my own eye sockets! :lol

p.s. I don't get the correlation. Are you saying Ponds is selling out sponsoring a shit mini series or Ponds should use a a Wilco song cause they're easy?

I

Why did the other thread have to be locked? I didn't read most of it and don't care how long it goes on, but the excuse that "The subject seems to have been pretty well talked out at this point" is lacking. The mods get to decide when people can stop discussing something?

Threads that speak badly of the band are not going to last long - I can understand that in some ways. Plus - jokers like me make jokes and that gets things off track.

If this was an official board - it would have been removed on the first day most likely. At least that is the sort of thing I have seen from time to time on official boards.

Threads that speak badly of the band are not going to last long - I can understand that in some ways. Plus - jokers like me make jokes and that gets things off track.

To be fair - and I know this has not always been the case - but I thought everyone was allowed (certainly from a moderation standpoint) to voice their opinions freely, whether they were for or against the decision to license songs for the commercials. It wasn't closed until after there were several pages of nonsense at the end...

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Also, the fucking WHO are all over network TV with the god damned CSI. (meet the new boss... same as the... whatever, go sell something.)

I didn't bat much of an eye over Wilco endorsing VW, but when I heard the overture to "Tommy" advertising Allergy meds on tv, it just about caused an all out facial tick..I won't even go into the silly Sweatin to the Oldies- like cover of "We're not gonna take it" included in a compilation my gym plays as part of our circuit training. I oscillate between laughing and crying on that one..Question...Who owns their catalogue?? Pleeaaase tell me it's not Townshend!!

I don't think enough time has been spent/wasted on how awful those VW ads are. I bet Wilco was imagining some kind of inspired use of their tunes, such as the "Da, Da, Da" ad from the 90s, or that tune VW used for their windshield wipers/kid bouncing basketball synchronicity ad - these are just godawful, stupid, boring ads.

there are far bigger fish to fry and fuss over than corporate marketing seizing control over the stupid of the country. We all fall victim to it somehow...if you shop anywhere and buy anything, you're feeding it. So to argue against it is really a hard stance to take...unless you're living in the middle of the woods in a house you constructed from the trees surrounding you and grow your own food and hunt your own meat.

This whole society is festering...sorry...I'm a bit down about the state of the world and feel defeated.

I'm not a fan of cars or sports...so I'm with you on that. I find that, if there's a car I like the look of, it was made decades ago. Granted those cars are wholly impractical in a society where gas is nearing $4 a gallon...

I didn't bat much of an eye over Wilco endorsing VW, but when I heard the overture to "Tommy" advertising Allergy meds on tv, it just about caused an all out facial tick..I won't even go into the silly Sweatin to the Oldies- like cover of "We're not gonna take it" included in a compilation my gym plays as part of our circuit training. I oscillate between laughing and crying on that one..Question...Who owns their catalogue?? Pleeaaase tell me it's not Townshend!!

He often defends those things - by saying that he was bankrupt in the early 80s and is not as well off as other rock icons. I always wonder how many millions does one person need.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
That other guy was asking questions he knew the answers to too...

All joking aside..what WAS the question? Not to rehash the past and all, but I honestly never read what it was and am curious why it WASN'T answered..It must be a pretty heavy question...