'You Are My Free' (You Are My Face)

I just found Sky Blue Sky, too...after watching YaMF I was dissapointed at how sloppy it was.

Really? I thought it was just as good as YAMF. Jeff changed the chorus a little from "I should be satisfied" to "Should I be satisfied?" That was a little strange. But, the band did march on in formation, which was terrific.

Really? I thought it was just as good as YAMF. Jeff changed the chorus a little from "I should be satisfied" to "Should I be satisfied?" That was a little strange. But, the band did march on in formation, which was terrific.

oh, no, I meant Yamf was very very sloppy...When they went from soft/loud you here whoever is on Piano hit a wrong note and it literally sounds like a huge error and it doesn't sound as drawn out as on the album. while I'm all for changing tunes, there was like half a second without sound and a wrong note to top it off, then Nels has to struggle to pull things back together.

Nels struggling? :o

Now I've heard it all.

by struggling though, I mean he has to bear the burden of pulling things back together after everyone else has been, as they say "thrown off a bubble."

> LONG LIVE LEROY

:thumbup

:yes

the first time i heard him do that song was at champaign-urbana solo. i have a recording of it that i listen to often. he sings the lyric "should i be satisfied?"...personally, i like that mixed meaning. it reminds me of other great times when people switch up lyrics...the part about the molly character on "ob-la-di, ob-la-da" that paul mixes up. whether it is intended or not, it's brilliant, i think.

oh, i just thought of the other time wilco/jeff switches lyrics..."as you turn to go"/"as you walk away"/"as i turn to go" and "i'll be glad and you'll feel sad"/"i'll feel sad and you'll be glad"/"i'll be sad and you'll feel bad" in "bob dylan's 49th beard." no way to overanalyze those lyrics...they are different all the time.

sorry. i probably carried this new evidence of my geeky-ness too far, but it's early. :stunned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgNJdWUX1do&NR=1

was Jeff trying to be a yank or something?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RRkrccHgNI...ted&search=

I just found Sky Blue Sky, too...after watching YaMF I was dissapointed at how sloppy it was.

listening to "sky blue sky" there, it made me think of something: if the wilco fans that liked songs from the being there era like "far, far away" haven't been happy with wilco's direction in a while, they should be satisfied now.

all these performances made me think is that i'm glad i'm going to see them this summer. :music