Where is SBS this week on the Billboard charts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They debuted at #4 on the billboard charts, #7 in Norway, #9 in Canada and Top 40 in Sweden, Germany, Spain, Ireland and the UK.

I don't know if you care about the international charts but I threw em in there just for kicks. Being that I just recently became a huge fan, does anybody know if this is their biggest debut (as far as number of records sold) to date? I would assume so.....

Guest Jules
They debuted at #4 on the billboard charts, #7 in Norway, #9 in Canada and Top 40 in Sweden, Germany, Spain, Ireland and the UK.

I think rainman is looking for this week's chart; week #2.

According to Hits Daily Double, they dropped to #16 with ~31,500.

Thanks for the info Trout. I went to the billboard website and they still had just the first week's information.

I am curious about the reasoning behind sending them to Europe right after the CD is released. The only

buzz they are generating here in the US it seems right now is the VW commercial, which is decidedly mixed.

It would appear that generating US sales of the CD was not a high priority for them at the moment.

Thanks for the info Trout. I went to the billboard website and they still had just the first week's information.

I am curious about the reasoning behind sending them to Europe right after the CD is released. The only

buzz they are generating here in the US it seems right now is the VW commercial, which is decidedly mixed.

It would appear that generating US sales of the CD was not a high priority for them at the moment.

that's what i think. :thumbup they know it will sell as decently as they need it to b/c they have a solid fanbase here in the states, one that they can depend on buying the product after it has been free for months.

i am thinking that they want to broaden their audience across the atlantic. this seems to have been a push for tweedy for a little while now. i seem to recall him doing some solo shows in spain towards the 4th quarter of last year. and then they had the appearance on some bbc show (check out the video u/l by lloyd here) and some interviews by some spanish media.

seems they tackled australia as well.

what's next? japan?

unlikely.

(couldn't resist)

Most bands don't like to be around in the US when their album comes out. Maybe they don't want to be around to read and hear all of the hoopla. I know a few members of Wilco don't like it. Why? I have no idea.