wilco - greek theatre - Aug 29

Sweet Portland show! For those who don't know Edgefield is a pretty great venue. The complex out there includes a hotel, winery, a couple of restaurants/bars, and a small golf ca ourse. The stage is set in a wooded area w/ a natural ampitheater. Rooms at the hotel are very reasonable, I just booked mine for $50.

Edgefield

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[peeks out from under rock; wipes sleep from eyes]

Um... did someone say Wilco at the Greek? Seeing as I'm already going to Crowded House there the night before, I think I'm just going to camp out and stay there. The cleaning crew can just work around me.

Any idea when the pre-sale is?

[peeks out from under rock; wipes sleep from eyes]

Um... did someone say Wilco at the Greek? Seeing as I'm already going to Crowded House there the night before, I think I'm just going to camp out and stay there. The cleaning crew can just work around me.

Any idea when the pre-sale is?

Yay, we got Ken out from under his rock! Welcome home, boy, you look pale....put on some sunblock! How're the twinsleys?

The pre-sale is scheduled for as soon as I can scare up enough to buy tickets. I think. Right? (She said hopefully....) :unsure

It'll be great to see you, Ken, and everybody else. :thumbup

this will be my first non-texas wilco show, if I can meet up with any of you hoodlums that would be extra-nice so I'm not rockin' by myself.

It will be nice to finally put a face with the legendary big perm. :thumbup

Guest ChooChooCharlie
I've always wanted to go to the greek! And I think there are non-stops from dc to lax! :shifty

Yes, I just landed in fact..IAD-LAX

Oh, that looks perf-perf-perfect for me! We're going to be out of town August 10-20, and it looks like (fingers crossed) they'll be hitting the Bay Area sometime between the 22nd and 27nd. So I like the sound of that. :dancing

Let's keep praying that happens! :yes

Small world. My fiance works in San Ramon. I've seen Wilco at the Greek in Berkeley and the Paramount in Oakland.

I would probably prefer the latter this time around. Have not been able to score tix to their Fillmore shows.

I've not been to the CP but I would be shocked if Wilco plays there.

I saw Stevie Nicks at the CP. I so wish I could say that I haven't.

After party at my place. :-)

Woo hoo! :dancing

Yay, we got Ken out from under his rock! Welcome home, boy, you look pale....put on some sunblock! How're the twinsleys?

The pre-sale is scheduled for as soon as I can scare up enough to buy tickets. I think. Right? (She said hopefully....) :unsure

It'll be great to see you, Ken, and everybody else. :thumbup

They're doing fantastically, thanks for asking.

this will be my first non-texas wilco show, if I can meet up with any of you hoodlums that would be extra-nice so I'm not rockin' by myself.

:dancing

I'm new to boards . . . looking forward to the GreeK . . . I saw Nels play in Long Beach on Tues . . . it inspired and came out in my playing for a minute at a jam on Sat. . . thanks for the spark Mr. Cline . . . I've never seen Wilco live . . . I'm diggin' SBS a very moving album . . . I'll try and find the words another time . . . I just wanted to say hello . . .

---chuck t.

I'm new to boards . . . looking forward to the GreeK . . . I saw Nels play in Long Beach on Tues . . . it inspired and came out in my playing for a minute at a jam on Sat. . . thanks for the spark Mr. Cline . . . I've never seen Wilco live . . . I'm diggin' SBS a very moving album . . . I'll try and find the words another time . . . I just wanted to say hello . . .

---chuck t.

Hello and a hearty welcome to our cozy little boards.....watch out for that pizza crust over there, and the spill on the couch....jeebus, these guys are messy. :rolleyes But hey, they are good-hearted and have excellent musical taste! :yes

I trust somebody has filled you in on the policy about the latrine duties being the first week assignment of newbies like yourself? Sorry about that.....Supplies are under that cabinet over there......

:cheekkiss

See you at the Greek! :thumbup

Hello and a hearty welcome to our cozy little boards.....watch out for that pizza crust over there, and the spill on the couch....jeebus, these guys are messy. :rolleyes But hey, they are good-hearted and have excellent musical taste! :yes

I trust somebody has filled you in on the policy about the latrine duties being the first week assignment of newbies like yourself? Sorry about that.....Supplies are under that cabinet over there......

:cheekkiss

See you at the Greek! :thumbup

Dang, I already washed two cats today and now I gotta clean the latrines ? . . . well, er . . . " Thanks for letting me be of service" (grumble grumble)

{starting to feel the white light already}

Dang, I already washed two cats today and now I gotta clean the latrines ? . . . well, er . . . " Thanks for letting me be of service" (grumble grumble)

{starting to feel the white light already}

You do a good job and we'll move you right on up to KP. Did you really wash two cats today? Yikes! :stunned Or did you mean to type "cars"? Which scratch and bite a whole lot less.....

......if it was cats, could I put you in charge of getting Lammycat into the shower? :brow

(Sorry, Lammycat, it was just a joke. Go ahead and apply the headbonk emoticon, I deserve it)

AUG-29 LOS ANGELES, CA GREEK THEATRE

Pre-Sale begins Wednesday, June 20 @ 10 a.m. via Music Today, click here.

Public On Sale begins Saturday, June 23 @ 10 a.m. via Ticketmaster.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
AUG-29 LOS ANGELES, CA GREEK THEATRE

Pre-Sale begins Wednesday, June 20 @ 10 a.m. via Music Today, click here.

Public On Sale begins Saturday, June 23 @ 10 a.m. via Ticketmaster.

Thank you..waiting for this, as I'm sure we all were, But now have to figure out how I'm going to get out of work tomorrow..There's gotta be a way :)

This show will sell out as fast as the NYC shows, no? I'm not sure as I haven't tried to purchase tickets in L.A. yet. As my friend said in a jokingly manner during a recent conversation, there's not a lot of street cred here in Hollywood, so not sure if Wilco coming to town will set the city in a ticket seeking frenzy ala N.Y.

What do you seasoned veterans think? Should I try and get out of work tomorrow for the presale, or can I chance it by waiting for the public sale on Sat?

if you like your job i say, go to work and wait til saturday.

i have NEVER had any luck with ANY of the pre-sales since the first time Wilco has used Music Today.

The system has always been over-crowded and unable to handle the volume.

not sure if things have changed since the last one.

But - I have a hunch you'll have no prob. getting good seats on Saturday

if you like your job i say, go to work and wait til saturday.

i have NEVER had any luck with ANY of the pre-sales since the first time Wilco has used Music Today.

The system has always been over-crowded and unable to handle the volume.

not sure if things have changed since the last one.

But - I have a hunch you'll have no prob. getting good seats on Saturday

i think musictoday is luck of the draw just like ticketmaster - got front row behind the pit last time around at the greek via music today, and stellar seats for panic the same way. The only time i have gotten pit at the greek is musictoday.

i know i will be trying tomorrow - and saturday if i gotta. I'm just bummed all the socal shows go on sale at the same time.

Guest ChooChooCharlie

Thanks for the info and advice! I guess I'll skip the presale then and just wait until Sat. In you're experience though, Have L.A. Wilco shows sold out immediately in the past, or is there less of a demand out here and tickets tend to be sold gradually?