wilco - greek theatre - Aug 29

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got through but passed on what it offered me this was right at 10am it offered me an abstructed view seat for full price then I tried again and it offered me seats in section C way in the back :( ............. looks like its saturday or craigslist for me

The L.A. pre-sales are always a joke. I think they keep all the section A seats for their "subscribers", then TicketBastard sells a large chunk of them to "professional ticket brokers" at an increased price, and what it all amounts to YOU, the fan, is... yer screwed buddy... welcome to L.A.

Me and the missus may have to move down there by August, so I tried to score tix this morning, too. All that came up precisely at 10am was Section B, Row T. Screw that.

I'll just hold on to my Berkeley Greek tix and come back up to NorCal for that weekend.

However, best wishes and good luck to all of youse trying to score good seats for L.A.

This is so lame. I settled for Section C because I'm worried that I won't have another chance. I wonder if atleast Section B will be available on Saturday? I can just see the Stubhub nazis vulturing all of our tickets away and selling them for $100 a piece right this very moment. Assholes...

Thanks Walkunafraid! If you haven't tried it yet, select the North or South Terrace sections that are off to the side. Don't ask for best available. I'm in North Terrace about 1/2 way back on an isle. Not great (considering I was front row at the Wiltern last time I saw them) but it's better than a straight view from farther back... I hope.

Is it better though??? I remember sitting in Section B once but i didn't really pay attention to the Terrace and how good or bad it was?? Somebody that's been to the greek more than once let us know!

The legal scalpers (oxymoron?) were offering tix to the Fillmore shows yesterday before the pre-sale even started. Lowest price I saw then was $90 per ticket. I know it is legal, but how is this any different than scalping in front of a venue (I realize the logistical part, of course)?

Is it better though??? I remember sitting in Section B once but i didn't really pay attention to the Terrace and how good or bad it was?? Somebody that's been to the greek more than once let us know!

I sat Section B Row M for night 1 of Arcade Fire

I sat North Terrace half-way back all the way on the inside on night 2

I preferred the terrace seats since they were closer and the elevation above the stage gave me an unobstructed view.

I sat Section B Row M for night 1 of Arcade Fire

I sat North Terrace half-way back all the way on the inside on night 2

I preferred the terrace seats since they were closer and the elevation above the stage gave me an unobstructed view.

only downside to the terrace is if you would like to stand.

at arcade fire, i had terrace seats and got yelled at for wanting to boogie - even when the rest of the venue including section C were standing.

good view and the sound was ok too.

I was in Section B Row L for Arcade Fire. The seats looked great before the show, but when the band came on it seemed like they were further away than I thought. Strange how that worked out. Anyway, the Greek is pretty small, so you'll be able to see from almost anywhere. It's not like it's the Hollywood Bowl or something.

I do prefer the Terrace to section B, though. As has already been said, it's closer, and the elevation is nice to have. I've heard it's hard to see the whole stage if you're sitting in a certain section of the Terrace, but I've never had that problem.

last wilco show there, almost exactly two years ago, i had terrace seats and they seemed incredibly far away. i couldn't see pat on the right side of stage at all except when he would pop out to windmill. also it gets kinda quiet up there since i believe they have noise restrictions, so loud people are easy to hear and get annoying. the only other time i've been to the greek was for the white stripes in 2003, and i was in section b row d, and i remember liking those seats much better.

For what it's worth, I was lucky enough to get pit tix in the musicworld pre-sale, and a friend got Section A, so there were at least SOME available. I've been to a lot of shows at the Greek, and would echo the comments about the Terraces (at least if you are near the front) being better seats than mid-Section B.

Guest ChooChooCharlie/Andrea
For what it's worth, I was lucky enough to get pit tix in the musicworld pre-sale, and a friend got Section A, so there were at least SOME available. I've been to a lot of shows at the Greek, and would echo the comments about the Terraces (at least if you are near the front) being better seats than mid-Section B.

I don't live that far from the Greek. Does anyone suggest trying to buy tickets from the venue directly? I am new to the LA area and have no experience with The Greek yet, but do they have a box office available? I know they are located in the park and have sufferd from the fires, so not sure if this would be an option at all..Does anyone know? What would you suggest?

I don't live that far from the Greek. Does anyone suggest trying to buy tickets from the venue directly? I am new to the LA area and have no experience with The Greek yet, but do they have a box office available? I know they are located in the park and have sufferd from the fires, so not sure if this would be an option at all..Does anyone know? What would you suggest?

Yes, there is a box office at the Greek. Although the fires were around the Greek, they have not seriously affected the theatre and the venue and box office are still open.

That being said, I can't suggest -- or not suggest -- trying the box office there because I have never done so myself. I recommend you call them (I'm sure you can find the number to the box office on their website) and ask if they'll even be open when the tickets go on sale. If they will be, ask them if there is an advantage to buying the tickets at the box office rather than over the Internet. I'm sure they'll be able to tell you better than any of us.

Good luck. :thumbup

Guest ChooChooCharlie/Andrea
Yes, there is a box office at the Greek. Although the fires were around the Greek, they have not seriously affected the theatre and the venue and box office are still open.

Thank you..I've looked into it and they will be open on sat. I have another question though, which I'll ask the box office directly but you guys might know from being experienced ticket buyers. With the internet pre sale, is the full inventory of tickets made available, or do they only offer a certain percentage like Music Today does for their presale. If so, then I might be able to expect some better seats on Sat. If not, then the sooner the better, right? Any thoughts or opinions?