wilco - greek theatre - Aug 29

Thank you..I've looked into it and they will be open on sat. I have another question though, which I'll ask the box office directly but you guys might know from being experienced ticket buyers. With the internet pre sale, is the full inventory of tickets made available, or do they only offer a certain percentage like Music Today does for their presale. If so, then I might be able to expect some better seats on Sat. If not, then the sooner the better, right? Any thoughts or opinions?

During the pre-sale, only a certain percentage of the tickets are made available (I think it's usually 15-20%, but I'm not completely sure about that). I believe they make a certain amounts of seats in each section avaiable during the pre-sales, and keep the rest for the public onsale (although this varies from to show to show). That being said, it is my strong opinion that there will be a chance of you getting better seats by waiting until 10 a.m. Saturday -- of course, you'll have to be quick, because there will be a ton of people trying for those tickets at the same time. Good luck.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st pair, tried right at 10 AM:

North Terrace, ROW C, Seats 29,31

2nd pair, tried an hour later:

North Terrace, ROW CC, Seats 5,7

The 2nd pair are better than the first, aren't they?

Looks like CC is better than C in the Terrace section. I'm in row C but in the South Terrace

Unfortunately I won't have any idea where my tickets are until the day of the show, but I'm pretty sure they're good. But "good" is a relative term at the Greek as there really aren't bad seats, right? Though when I saw Springsteen there my view of the left part of the stage was blocked, so that kind of sucked...

$40 each. After the mandatory fees etc., I paid $98 total for a pair.

I paid $525 (face value) for a single ticket to see The Who at the Greek a few years ago. I chose "best available" and told myself that I wouldn't consider it unless I drew a front row center ticket. Guess what came up the morning tickets went on sale?

I sat next to zillionaire Steve Bing and his Baywatch date. Down the row were Cusacks and Chili Peppers and other assorted celebrities. It was a little surreal, but I got a chance to see Pete and Roger up close for a change.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure where to introduce myself so I will do it here. I have been a Wilco fan since 1996 when I bought Being There simply because of reviews. I have been hooked ever since. Being There and Summerteath seem to never leave my music selection. I enjoy all thier cds.

I am a little older, 36 (male and married with my first wilco baby due in Nov) and have seen a million live shows. From Floyd to Clapton to Metallica to Rush to Van Halen to the Dead to just about you name it and I have never seen Wilco (life started getting in the way and the days of following a band (like phish back in the ealy 90's are over for me). I am so damn excited. I will be there in San Diego.

feel free to e-mail me. jason_ungar@yahoo.com

What am I to expect at a Wilco show, other than kick ass music? Any tips or pointers. I like to party and have fun....

You don't know me. But I know you. You have no idea what I do....................... :dancing

I am not sure where to introduce myself so I will do it here. I have been a Wilco fan since 1996 when I bought Being There simply because of reviews. I have been hooked ever since. Being There and Summerteath seem to never leave my music selection. I enjoy all thier cds.

I am a little older, 36 (male and married with my first wilco baby due in Nov) and have seen a million live shows. From Floyd to Clapton to Metallica to Rush to Van Halen to the Dead to just about you name it and I have never seen Wilco (life started getting in the way and the days of following a band (like phish back in the ealy 90's are over for me). I am so damn excited. I will be there in San Diego.

feel free to e-mail me. jason_ungar@yahoo.com

What am I to expect at a Wilco show, other than kick ass music? Any tips or pointers. I like to party and have fun....

You don't know me. But I know you. You have no idea what I do....................... :dancing

Welcome to VC! :wave

You are in for such a treat....a Wilco concert is like no other. Try to be up front if at all possible, but regardless, you'll have a great time. See you there!!! :thumbup

PS - Ignore Ryan (oceanman).....that only happens in Davenport....:lol

PS - Ignore Ryan (oceanman).....that only happens in Davenport....:lol

I think you mean Springfield!How are ya sweet pea?

I think you mean Springfield!How are ya sweet pea?

Nah, Springfield was one nutcase onstage....Davenport looked more like the photo you posted! What the two shows had in common, though, was a thoroughly inebriated crowd. I'll have to share my Davenport story sometime.

Disclaimer for Jason Unger: What makes us remark on the incidents at Springfield, MO (where a fan jumped onstage and grabbed Jeff by the head) and Davenport, IA (where a big drunken brawl burst out in the front, on the floor) is precisely the fact that incidents like these are so opposite the usual Wilco concert experience!!! Wilco concerts tend to be very feel-good experiences...you'll see. I float for days on the positive energy and sheer joy of them.

Ryan sweetie, I'm great! Bet that baby boy is growing so fast he's practically whining for the car keys already!

I hope our concert paths have a chance to cross soon. :cheekkiss

Wilco concerts tend to be very feel-good experiences...you'll see. I float for days on the positive energy and sheer joy of them.

She does indeed speak the truth. Wilco shows make things better! :thumbup

I am getting so excited for the Berkeley and Santa Barbara shows!! :w00t

• 1 month later...

Roll Call!!!!

Who's pumped to hear some "Too Far Apart" tonight!!!

Sweet nectar of the gods I can not wait!

ps I still have 2 extra tickets if ne1 is interested

I'll be there! I'll be the guy wearing this shirt.

probably the most fashionable shirt there. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'll be the 6'3" guy wearing this shirt

103-minizoom.jpg