More on the "controversy"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than what?

Better than sheep concerned only with how we sound, look, and feel; constantly comparing ourselves to others in an attempt to feel better; representing ourselves in any way that makes us feel we belong or are above; always plussing and minusing and never getting equal; basically, that.

Better than sheep concerned only with how we sound, look, and feel; constantly comparing ourselves to others in an attempt to feel better; representing ourselves in any way that makes us feel we belong or are above; always plussing and minusing and never getting equal; basically, that.

Interesting -

Some people just are turned off by a band's songs being in a commercial. Some are not. I don't like it at all.

I think message boards, by nature, - or at least the ones I have seen are places where people debate issues - or can anyway.

This will die off after a while - these things always do.

Exactly.

Why do I read this thread? It's like the 10th season of M*A*S*H in here.

Weird. I was thinking this morning that it would be fun to read the more annoying posts in this thread in Major Charles Emerson Winchester's voice. Haha! It is fun!

Weird. I was thinking this morning that it would be fun to read the more annoying posts in this thread in Major Charles Emerson Winchester's voice. Haha! It is fun!

You spelled "everyone's posts" wrong. :)

I happen to think it's one of the most politcal acts an American citizen can do on a daily basis.

And what eyeball said. ^

Downright subversive. The only worse thing is to not spend more money than you actually have. That's stone cold Bolshevik.

Interesting -

Some people just are turned off by a band's songs being in a commercial. Some are not. I don't like it at all.

I think message boards, by nature, - or at least the ones I have seen are places where people debate issues - or can anyway.

And I still think some people enjoy a messiah relationship with Jeff, others a Tiger Beat type of deal - so it's hard for them to be critical.

I am a bit overly jaded - so you have that going on also.

This is the only message board / online community in which I've participated. You know...that sense of "belonging" which we all crave was, for me, satisfied.

Even though I am not the most active member, I always felt a part of, because we all share a similar perspective. A perspective that is sorely lacking in my community and work place.

So this thread, having gone beyond "debate", has revealed the same conflict and dissension that I look to espcape by coming here.

Yeah, I'm whining. But I'm sure you're right, A-man. Like every thing else, it will die and change into something else. Maybe it will reincarnate itself into a thread discussing whether Wallace actually needed over 1000 pages to detail ideas covered in self-help books. Just kidding.

I'm Tiger Beat all the way!

Where do Wilco shop for their clothes?

I just assumed they wear non-descript, non-commercial burlap-stitched parcels of clothing.

I remember when Garcia did a ditty for Levi's 501 Jeans. I thought it was a great little piece, actually.

Interesting -

There have been over 100 pages of debate on this issue. What more do you want?

It means, my teenage wasteland friend, that when I self-edit myself, the parts I decide are not right to post - should not be posted.

So what does "I smell a rat" even mean, then?

So what does "I smell a rat" even mean, then?

I am implying in my delusions of paranoia that someone changed something.

Today, 02:48 PM

Posted Today, 03:33 PM

notice the time difference

call Carl Kolchak!

Look at the time - I edited my spew right away - he quoted me a good while later.

I'm going to guess he was probably thinking about how to respond. I know I've done that numerous times.

It's helpful so that you don't have to later edit your post.

I'm going to guess he was probably thinking about how to respond. I know I've done that numerous times.

I don't know. I think there were sinister forces at play - trying to smear my good name.