More on the "controversy"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is, car manufactures, like drug companies, have created a business environment and standards that meet THEIR desired results, maximum profit with minimal investment.

Hey Tucker,

Gather up some of your like-minded Earth Shoe wearing friends and start up an alternative automobile company. Take all of the ideas you've spent countless hours preaching about on here and make a difference in the world.

Hell I'd probable even buy one, and I love the internal combustion engine.

Plus with a business plan like "Maximum Profit with Minimal Investment", you should be able to get financial backing without problem.

Jesus Christ......do you really care or do you just want to prove your right?

I'm not one for slamming people online but honestly dude you come off sounding like a little kid, all petulant and whiny. I'm sure everyone appreciates your eco-friendly outlook and the fact that your aghast that Wilco has sullied themselves by letting VW use their tunes. But for fuck sake take a step back. This reminds me of me and my sister as little kids, we always had to get the last word/punch/poke/slap in with each other.

I am interested, and if you look back, you

I’ve provided several lists as well as links in which VW does not have a single model in the top 10-15, I’ve yet to see one from others backing their claims.

Not a one.

I can't believe you need me to go back to the site you quoted and linked here this morning. wtf

http://www.greenercars.com/byclass.html

scroll down to subcompacts, the VW Beetle is #3 in it's class

http://www.greenercars.com/byclass2.html

scroll down to midsize wagons, manual , the passat is #3 in it's class

I'M BEING IGNORED AS THOUGH I'M CTION!!!!

DQ Brazier?I think they have onion rings. Besides, there's no Friendly's in central Ohio anymore. The last one I knew of became a Starbucks a few years back.....

Some DQ's have onion rings. Mine didn't. If they did I would have never quit.

Actually, the Hummer thing was more because of how useless they are for the average every day driver. Even if they got 40 MPG, I'd think it was pretty much an entirely unnecesary car because the average hummer driver lives in a gated community in the suburbs. Plus a lot more pollution is caused by the creation of everything from the absurd amounts of plastics and rubbers that go into making it (much more so than the average car) than you see on a sedan. The fact that they get 10 MPG makes them even worse, in my eyes.

And here's the thing, dude. I'm not pretending like I'm better than everyone else and that I'm not leaving an effect and that I'm making a difference in the world. You are. You're sitting on your pedestal way up in the clouds judging VW's because they only get 30 MPG and that they still have a negative effect, but if you drive a car as well then you are more a part of the problem than the solution.

This is his shtick, I think. He cries about being ignored but has ignored every single piece of information shown that goes against his point. He's a troll, and it's showing more and more with every post. I got shit when I called him a troll when he first appeared, and it's absolutely true.

Quick answer to this complete piece of garbage/inaccuracy

Dear Bobbob:

Prius Outdoes Hummer in Environmental Damage

By Chris Demorro

Staff Writer

The Toyota Prius has become the flagship car for those in our society so environmentally conscious that they are willing to spend a premium to show the world how much they care. Unfortunately for them, their ultimate