Good news for U2 fans..

lol.

i don't know what your intention was in posting that remark, but that seems like such a smart ass thing to do.

your opinion is not any more valid than anyone else's...good for him that feels that way, no need for you to be sarcastic about it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

i don't know what your intention was in posting that remark, but that seems like such a smart ass thing to do.

your opinion is not any more valid than anyone else's...good for him that feels that way, no need for you to be sarcastic about it.

agreed.

Hey,

I don't know what the "lol" was referring to, but who knows. A few posts back I saw Solace pick out the 2nd-4th singles. So I'm assuming he's also a U2 fan.

I think he was laughing at my saying Bono was actually singing. Either way all is cool.

Kristofor

Hey,

I don't know what the "lol" was referring to, but who knows. A few posts back I saw Solace pick out the 2nd-4th singles. So I'm assuming he's also a U2 fan.

I think he was laughing at my saying Bono was actually singing. Either way all is cool.

Kristofor

i don't think he was laughing with you, man, but at you...whatever...you'll find that you can't really be enthusiastic about certain bands on this messageboard. if it's not M. Ward, Bon Iver, Andrew Bird etc., don't bother posting.

you'll find that you can't really be enthusiastic about certain bands on this messageboard. if it's not M. Ward, Bon Iver, Andrew Bird etc., don't bother posting.

This is kind of silly. This thread has 12 pages. There are plenty of huge U2 fans on here--people like me who even like Pop! I am not too high on this album yet, but I have yet to give it a listen on a long car ride, etc.

Hey,

Kristofor

the lol. was at your handle + post (and the fact that anyone in 2009 would honestly use the words "Fearless. Exciting. Pushing the envelope." to describe a new U2 album)

it just seemed like a troll from some U2 fanboy site is all, sorry. no offense meant at all, but nice try Azzurri

and yes, i'm a pretty big U2 fan... granted i rate their 80's output (besides Achtung) quite a bit higher than anything else.

Hey Solace,

No offense taken. I'm not a troll here. I usually post in the Just A Fan and After The Show sections. The last breaking news item I dropped was that I Must Be High was going to be on a soundtrack. :P I rarely get involved in the Someone Else's Song part of this message board. I was tempted to jump in on the Ryan Adams posts but avoided temptation.

I've had the u2roolz screen name since 1994. I haven't changed it for memory reasons. Of course that didn't fully work out because I forgot my password on the @U2 and Interference forums! lol....I haven't been on those message boards since 2005. I think they run it like Dime A Dozen now, you need to be OKed to be let in. I tried to get in around MLK day to discuss Get On Your Boots and haven't heard back. So I haven't had anywhere to post about this record. I was a little surprised that VC had a topic on it.

Kristofor

PS Going to look at an Iron Maiden forum to see what they're up to.

Hey Solace,

No offense taken. I'm not a troll here. I usually post in the Just A Fan and After The Show sections. The last breaking news item I dropped was that I Must Be High was going to be on a soundtrack. :P I rarely get involved in the Someone Else's Song part of this message board. I was tempted to jump in on the Ryan Adams posts but avoided temptation.

I've had the u2roolz screen name since 1994. I haven't changed it for memory reasons. Of course that didn't fully work out because I forgot my password on the @U2 and Interference forums! lol....I haven't been on those message boards since 2005. I think they run it like Dime A Dozen now, you need to be OKed to be let in. I tried to get in around MLK day to discuss Get On Your Boots and haven't heard back. So I haven't had anywhere to post about this record. I was a little surprised that VC had a topic on it.

Kristofor

PS Going to look at an Iron Maiden forum to see what they're up to.

We generally always have some sort of U2 thread going on - even one about the re-masters. There is some good discussion in that thread. I have not stopped buying their albums, as they are one of the few bands from the 1980s that I got into. And besides Michael Bolton, I am the only guy who likes the song:

Hey Solace,

Kristofor

Kristofor, you don't have to explain yourself. I hate U2, and I thought your post was cool. If you like it, right on. That's all that matters. (Whats So Funny About) Peace, Love and Understanding?

And besides Michael Bolton, I am the only guy who likes the song:

.....hum, yes, I think you are.

Is that an official video or a fan made one? I've never seen it before.

And u2roolz, just be glad this hasn't turned into one of those "Bono sucks!" threads.

Kristofor, you don't have to explain yourself. I hate U2, and I thought your post was cool. If you like it, right on. That's all that matters. (Whats So Funny About) Peace, Love and Understanding?

who knew a small: "lol" could be so offensive???

i honestly did laugh out loud at his post, no matter the reason

hey, i know i'm often a smartass, i don't try and hide it ;)

no hard feelings.

i discover a lot of new bands on this forum. i think i first found out about Andrew Bird from one of your posts...

anyway, i just felt bad for the guy. i don't think NLOTH is a masterpiece, but it has some great songs and is respectable for U2 at this late stage in their career.

i don't think NLOTH is a masterpiece, but it has some great songs and is respectable for U2 at this late stage in their career.

agree on this for sure. i'm def not a U2 hater by any means, and i do like this more than the last two records, which like i said, isn't saying a lot, but it's a step in the right direction for the most part.

.....hum, yes, I think you are.

Is that an official video or a fan made one? I've never seen it before.

And u2roolz, just be glad this hasn't turned into one of those "Bono sucks!" threads.

I like the acoustic guitar deal.

Spotify

NME News - U2 premiere new album for free on Spotify

You can hear the whole of 'No Line On The Horizon' this weekend. U2's new album 'No Line On The Horizon' will be premiered on Spotify from 5pm (GMT) this Sunday (February 22). UK users of the music service will be able to hear every track from the album as many times as they want, without paying a penny. Initially, the album will only be available to Spotify users via Guardian.co.uk. However, on February 27, all Spotify users will be able to access the new album. U2 release No Line On The Horizon properly on March 2.

Hey Analogman,

Do you have room for a new friend who also likes A Man And A Woman? It isn't my favorite song, but when I heard what U2 was doing in between records using Middle Eastern styles supposedly I immediately thought of this song. It definitely is more memorable than something like Trip Through Your Wires.

I felt no immediate need to buy the remasters. I fell foolishly for the Complete U2 on iTunes which is pretty big in term of tunes but there's still a lot of stuff that's missing. I don't quite remember what. I'll probably pick them up now that I'm "back into" U2.

Norbs...Dahooey!, I also love Pop. Gone is one of my all time favorite U2 songs. No idea why they rerecorded it for the 1990-2000 Best Of other than money reasons.

Thanks MattZ! I am more than well aware that a lot of people don't like U2. It doesn't bother me. I feel the same way about the Red Hot Chili Peppers for instance. I respect them but I don't like their music. I only know their radio songs, so I guess some people only know U2's radio songs and don't know of the U2 album tracks. I guess the same goes for RHCP. Maybe someday I'll ask a friend to burn me a cd of RHCP. Also, I love Elvis Costello. Pretty obvious U2 "borrowed" Pump It Up for Get On Your Boots.

Jcroach, I'm used to the Bono sucks threads and jokes around some of my friends. We even joke around that Bono is the Anti Christ and when he met the Pope it was pretty funny in that context. To be honest I'd rather hear Jeff Tweedy talk to an audience than Bono. Seeing U2 nights in a row you definitely know that all of his speeches are all rehearsed. Which is a shame.

Solace, don't feel bad. It's just the fricken internet and the lack of knowing context and intent and interpretation. Being a Communications (film concentration) major we spent a whole semester on this sort of stuff. Think Seinfeld/Curb Your Enthusiasm in a class. No problem man.

Sorry if I'm rambling but I just spent close to 3 hours learning about spyware/malware. My dad's PC got infected and I had to fix it. It feels good to be away from that.

But in closing I think the masterpiece comment was based off of me not hearing U2 since early 2006. ATYCLB is a great cd, but certain songs come off better live than on cd. Elevation and Stuck In A Moment are 2 examples. Atomic Bomb seemed to have more going for it I think. And NLOTH just clicked like I said. It hit me like a brick. Like Azzurrri was kind of saying, it is respectable for a band like U2 to put out a record like this this late in their career. I wasn't even thinking about U2 until I heard that Get On Your Boots was going to be released on MLK day. Has this happened for anyone else and a particular band where you escape from them for a long time and than when you hear their new record it's like Oh shit!

Makes me want to try and go cold turkey on Wilco until their next record comes out but it won't happen. I love listening to their bootlegs too much. One of the big differences with U2 is you know where the "different" song will show up in the set and there's just no spontaneity in their live shows. Bands like Wilco, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and R.E.M. are just more fun to follow live because they'll play anything.

Kristofor

We generally always have some sort of U2 thread going on - even one about the re-masters. There is some good discussion in that thread. I have not stopped buying their albums, as they are one of the few bands from the 1980s that I got into. And besides Michael Bolton, I am the only guy who likes the song:

You're not the only one. I like that song also. Although apparently I may be among the few here who also likes How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. I don't get all the hate for it but whatever.

I've only listened to the new album a few times but so far I'm really liking it, especially the first three tracks which deliver a strong opening. "Magnificent" is my favorite song off of NLOH right now.