Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

the Best Buy ad showed 5 versions to buy (i knew there were tons of versions, just had no idea these would all be in stores, maybe some online through U2 only).

i think i'm just going to get the basic.

if they had a basic version that just added the DVD for a little more, i'd go that route, but no way i'm paying $60+ just to get it along with the other stuff. i wouldn't be surprised if it's released seperately down the road.

should be interesting to see how they stock this especially since the local one has dramatically reduced their music space. it's very cramped.

maybe they will have their own dispaly out in the aisle.

Nothing but rumors but this was in today's Boston Globe:

U2 is pulling out all the stops to hype its new CD, "No Line on the Horizon," which hits stores Tuesday. Bono and the boys played a surprise gig Friday on top of the BBC building in London, and Monday the lads take up residence on "The Late Show with David Letterman," where they'll be Dave's musical guest all week. (It's the first time a band has been given five nights on Letterman's show.) That's not all. According to the Hartford's Courant Eric Danton, the guerilla marketing campaign continues Friday, when Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr. play what was supposed to be a "secret show" on the steps of Keating Hall at Fordham University. (Profs have been asked to cancel all their classes, but not told why.) So what, you say? Well, it's very hush-hush, but we hear that the Irish icons are looking to play a similarly stealth club show in Boston. Live Nation is emphatically denying it, but word is the mega-selling band, which had no difficulty selling out seven shows at the former FleetCenter in 2005, may return to its roots with a show March 11 at the Paradise. Why not the more spacious House of Blues? U2 is nothing if not nostalgic, and the band played its first headlining show in Boston at the Paradise in 1981. (For what it's worth, the Wailers are booked to play the Paradise March 11.) Of course, this would not be the band's only New England show promoting its 12th album. They're expected to play at Gillette Stadium in September.

That pitchfork review is very well-written. I often don't like their reviews because they can sound like they've already made up their mind before listening to the record. But here, they make a strong case, and I agree with most of their points.

There's definitely a very small promotional show in Boston on March 11. Radio stations, mostly in the Boston area, are the only ones with tickets, at least for now. They're doing something similar in Chicago the day before, and it's the same setup--probably only about 100 people for a performance and Q&A, and the only way to get in is to win tickets that you don't get until right before the event starts, so there's no chance for scalping.

For the first time since I was maybe 14, I'm going to try to win something on the radio :lol

WBCN's contest guidelines for these tickets are impressively hardcore:

This is a once in a lifetime chance to see a BCN rock legend in an intimate setting Wednesday, March 11. Listen today at 4:15pm with Hardy for your first chance to win tickets. Then we will giveaway tickets at 7:15am, 12:15pm and 4:15pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

You will have a chance to win a pair of tickets by playing Two Seconds of U2. We will pull 10 tracks from a WBCN/U2 club performance in the early 80

If you can name a song by two seconds of it, you deserve to get in. I might have this one. I'll have to check when I go home. I don't know why I'm getting so excited about this; it's like getting excited about winning the lottery right after you buy your ticket.

I've heard rumors that this might be held at some small part of the Paradise even though there's something else scheduled there that night.

I don't know why I'm getting so excited about this; it's like getting excited about winning the lottery right after you buy your ticket.

:lol

I've heard rumors that this might be held at some small part of the Paradise even though there's something else scheduled there that night.

Yeah, the Paradise was renovated a while ago so its now split about 70/30 - the front room (the Lounge) is smaller and could be the venue. But something tells me U2 in front and The Wailers in the back, logistically is just not happening. But who knows.

Hey,

Yeah, the 1st WBCN song they played was the easiest I Will Follow. So the DJ claims that they will play a 2 second sample from each song once. So that will make it easier. I've even heard Somerville Theater and the new Showcase Live at Foxboro Stadium as the "secret venue". Who knows!? Great idea, but obviously very frustrating. I hope they don't announce the venue until it goes live on air. Otherwise it'd be mass chaos at the venue. Good luck!

Kristofor

The confusing thing with Pitchfork - the reviewer seems to paint ATYCLB as their last good record, yet it got a 5.0 from Pitchfork, while Dismantle got a 6.9.

I guess the vinyl doesn't even come with a download (at least it's not advertised)?

I think it's sh*tty to not have a cheaper version with a DVD. I'm sure they're manufacturing millions of copies so printing up a DVD would cost a few cents.

Love the song, but not the performance. The guitar sounded like it was coming out of a hole. And not in a good way. I hope they do an interview segment with each of the members of the band before the week's over.

i find that TV performances, especially on the late night talk shows, always have shitty sound.