Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

I was under-whelmed with the Lettermen performance. I don't think the sound had anything to do with it. Just not that good of a song. Weird vocal delivery.

It's a little sad to me. I feel like Bono and U2 still think their hot shit, and sadly their not. They're still good. They're still talented. They still have their moments on each record. But when he struts around the stage now, it's just not the same. And mostly it's because the new stuff is lame....when compared to the incredible songs they've put out before.

It's not really their fault....it'd be very hard for them to makes songs that would give me goosebumps like "Streets Have No Name" or "New Year's Day" or "The Fly" or "Pride" or "Staring At The Sun" or "MOFO" or "I Will Follow" or "All I Want Is You" or "One"...etc...

Last night was sad because I could see Bono's intensity and he WANTED his new song and performance to be magical but it wasn't. Yeah, he got the crowd to stand up, and with his charisma he was able to half-way make me think I was seeing something special. But I felt that I wasn't.

I was under-whelmed with the Lettermen performance. I don't think the sound had anything to do with it. Just not that good of a song. Weird vocal delivery.

It's a little sad to me. I feel like Bono and U2 still think their hot shit, and sadly their not. They're still good. They're still talented. They still have their moments on each record. But when he struts around the stage now, it's just not the same. And mostly it's because the new stuff is lame....when compared to the incredible songs they've put out before.

It's not really their fault....it'd be very hard for them to makes songs that would give me goosebumps like "Streets Have No Name" or "New Year's Day" or "The Fly" or "Pride" or "Staring At The Sun" or "MOFO" or "I Will Follow" or "All I Want Is You" or "One"...etc...

Last night was sad because I could see Bono's intensity and he WANTED his new song and performance to be magical but it wasn't. Yeah, he got the crowd to stand up, and with his charisma he was able to half-way make me think I was seeing something special. But I felt that I wasn't.

good post. i see your point.

i like the new album, there are some great songs on it, but i just get the feeling that there are always looking to be the "biggest" band in the world, and this attitude is mostly attributed to Bono. he seems to worry too much about competing with those other supposed big (and younger) bands, Coldplay, Killers, Kings of Leon. it hurts the music. They are definitly more adventurous on this album than the past two, but not nearly enough as had been previously reported. maybe they'll come to the point when they'll put out music just for the sake of art, and not give a crap what everyone thinks....like they did in the 90's. supposedly, they are releasing a more "ambient" and meditative album in late 2009. we'll see.

That is an Mp3 download. I ordered the cd and the new Neko cd from Amazon and got them both with S&H, for 20 dollars. Which is ok with me - about 10 dollars for each one.

Neko is $7.99 at Best Buy this week (as well as Animal Collective's latest).

Neko is $7.99 at Best Buy this week (as well as Animal Collective's latest).

I have not had good luck finding new releases that I want there. So, that is why I decided to order them.

I wonder why they decided to go back to playing stadiums? I have read some things that suggest they are going to be "closer to the people in the stands" instead of a stage at the end of a field.

U2 should have retired a decade ago.

Everything since Achtung baby has just gotten progessively worse.

And they are still called the world's best band?

gross.

The only bad album since '91 is Atomic Bomb. In fact, I would take Zooropa over Achtung Baby and Pop is excellent.

Pop was awesome!

The only bad album since '91 is Atomic Bomb. In fact, I would take Zooropa over Achtung Baby and Pop is excellent.

POOP is horrible unlistenable crap to my ears. The rest since AB is just music, nothing great, nothing terrible. It just kind of exists.

I have not had good luck finding new releases that I want there. So, that is why I decided to order them.

yeah, the last couple months i have had trouble, too.

it used to be very reliable to check their website beforehand to see if your local store had the items in stock, but there's been a couple times recently where they couldn't be found.

the week Animal Collective and Andrew Bird came out, both showed to be there at 2 different local stores, but they didn't show up in person.

also, the Rivers Cuomo II album was the same way.

i hope the lack of their biggest competitor hasn't made them slack up.

last time i filled out one of their surveys i said as much and haven't had problems since.

Pop is a great album, very underrated.

I agree with most people that Achtung is the pinnacle of their career, but to dismiss everything after probably means you were not a fan anyway.