Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Just got a chance to see last night's letterman performance of breathe. I'm not even a big U2 fan and that blew my mind. That was awesome.

Just got a chance to see last night's letterman performance of breathe. I'm not even a big U2 fan and that blew my mind. That was awesome.

I agree. Say what you will about Bono, his lyrics, his sermons, etc. He's an amazing front man.

Hey The Bunk,

What's your alias on Interference?

Yeah, I was so frustrated and dizzy from trying to win tickets all day I hadn't visited VC until now at 1a.m.

You get lucky?

In other news my DVD-R fucked up and recorded in HQ for tonight's Letterman. I had taped last night's in SP and only got 33 minutes tonight. :dontgetit

Even the DVR got cut off too.

Damn! Well, I'll either wait for a dvd torrent or for the eventual repeat in 2 weeks or so. Just to have it for the archives.

Kristofor

I have never seen them either, but I'd say I would have probably preferred to see the Joshua Tree Tour.

OMG, I saw them on that tour. GREAT concert experience, bordering on religious delirium and rapture.

Me too. Welll ... I may not have loved every second of the album, but I have no complaints about the tour. I had a great time at Soldier Field.

Here was the setlist from the show I went to.

May 31, 1997 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA - Giants Stadium

By Jonathan on May 31, 1997 8:18 AM | No Comments | No TrackBacks ShareThis

Opening Act(s): Fun Lovin

Hey The Bunk,

What's your alias on Interference?

I don't have an account - just lurking this week. I like that thread.

Just got through to BCN...the guy answered, I realized it was ten minutes after they were looking for the 14th caller, and the DJs were on the air. "I guess I'll try again next time?" "I guess you will."

I still have yet to see U2 live.

Today ends a personal tradition - I bought every U2 album the day of its release from The Joshua Tree to HTDAAB. Just can't pull the trigger (even at $3.99) financially. I'm okay with it though.

I'm with you man. I'm saving my pennies for the box set, but I just can't do it now. I was hoping for some birthday cash to swing it, but alas, the mailbox was empty. :ohwell

What did y'all think about last night's "Magnificent." Maybe it's just the song, but I didn't like it as much as the night before. The Edge was awesome though. I liked Dave's comment to Adam about how he could feel the bass in his chest.

Guest Jules
What did y'all think about last night's "Magnificent." Maybe it's just the song, but I didn't like it as much as the night before. The Edge was awesome though. I liked Dave's comment to Adam about how he could feel the bass in his chest.

I think they're 2 for 2. I really liked it. Agreed on the Edge. Great stuff.

More radio to listen to...

From Mike FM:

To win tickets to this super exclusive show, listen this Thurs. March 5th during the 7AM, 8AM and 4PM hours for a U2 song in its entirety. When you hear it, be the 93rd caller to 866-931-MIKE (6453) and win a pair of tickets.

I think they're 2 for 2.

Me too. The past two nights on Dave have solidified that even if I need to dip into the twins college fund...we're seeing them live again. It'll be the fourth time (twice on the elevation tour and once on the atomic bomb tour), but first time in a massive stadium.

Two of my greatest musical regrets are not experiencing the ZOO TV and Popmart spectacles and speaking of POP...if you listen to their updated versions of the tunes from that on their last 'Best Of', i'd say the album was perfect the first time. Hardly unfinished and one of their best...especially Edge's guitar, mind-blowing in spots.

good performance of both songs, but Magnificent is much better on record than live (so far), yet Breathe is 10x better live.

agreed. while a solid performance, magnificent has further potential outside of what i saw last night. i cranked the album version after watching the clip again this morning and it gave me some of those old U2 goosebumps.

Two of my greatest musical regrets are not experiencing the ZOO TV and Popmart spectacles and speaking of POP...if you listen to their updated versions of the tunes from that on their last 'Best Of', i'd say the album was perfect the first time. Hardly unfinished and one of their best...especially Edge's guitar, mind-blowing in spots.

I did just that last night, played the Pop tracks next to the "Best Of" mixes. I have to say, 7 years ago, I would have disagreed with you, but now I totally agree.

Yeah, I miss not seeing ZooTv, but I was only 17/18 at the time and would have been totally impractical considering that didn't make it to Indiana. they didn't hit the Hoosier state with Popmart either and I'm still kicking myself for not trying to get tickets for the Chicago shows. But I was just finishing college and starting grad school and totally broke. I made it to the Elevation tour, however! 3 times! Had to make up for the lost opportunities in the past I guess. Missed the Vertigo tour. No Indy date and my son was a newborn. Still have hopes for the new tour.

One of the things that has really stood out to me with the new album is how much better "Get On Your Boots" sounds within the context of the album as opposed to a stand-alone single.

are there any 'official' videos being put up for these performances?

dave's site didn't have Monday's as of last night.

I think there was a link for the video on the front page of Pitchfork.

One of the things that has really stood out to me with the new album is how much better "Get On Your Boots" sounds within the context of the album as opposed to a stand-alone single.

really? i think it sounds out of place and some of the other tunes really make it look worse than it probably is...and i liked it before i heard itin context to the album.

Guest Jules
are there any 'official' videos being put up for these performances?

dave's site didn't have Monday's as of last night.

Haven't seen any, but they are on youtube.

According to the new RS, a new U2 album, Songs of Ascent will be released in 2010 as a companion piece to No Line... ala Zooropa to Achtung...it is supposed to be stripped down and medatative..."but not indulgent" (Bono's words)...the first single will be "Every Breaking Wave" which should ring some bells with the people that have followed this latest release. Apparently it was pulled from the album ("No Line") at the last moment.

really? i think it sounds out of place and some of the other tunes really make it look worse than it probably is...and i liked it before i heard itin context to the album.

other than liking it out of the context of the record, i agree with you... it sticks out like a sore thumb even moreso than Vertigo did.

Just looked over that RS U2 article online and I've noticed that all these "major" acts always bring up Coldplay and The Killers when talking about music today. I saw a Stevie Nicks article in a recent RS and she mentioned them as well. Either Bono is really smart knowing that he's speaking with RS and their readership will recognize those names or really lazy in that, Oh I hear Coldplay and The Killers are "rock" bands that sell a lot of records so I'll mention them. I'm not knocking U2 or anything but it's just something I've noticed with some of the "older" bands these days.