Good news for U2 fans..

Guest Jules
Just looked over that RS U2 article online and I've noticed that all these "major" acts always bring up Coldplay and The Killers when talking about music today. I saw a Stevie Nicks article in a recent RS and she mentioned them as well. Either Bono is really smart knowing that he's speaking with RS and their readership will recognize those names or really lazy in that, Oh I hear Coldplay and The Killers are "rock" bands that sell a lot of records so I'll mention them. I'm not knocking U2 or anything but it's just something I've noticed with some of the "older" bands these days.

Yeah, but didn't Bono call Chris Martin a cretin, or something like that?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Yeah, but didn't Bono call Chris Martin a cretin, or something like that?

He called him a wanker on some British radio show last week.

I've been listening to the album all day at work, and I'm loving a good portion of it. There are three or four songs I'm sort of indifferent to, but the rest is pretty solid.

Cool Name: The Edge

Uncool Name: Sting

:lol

This had me rolling! :rotfl

i really dislike that 'crazy tonight' song...like, A LOT. stupid title, annoying song.

I agree, mostly. The verses are fine, I just can't stand the chorus. And that annoying falsetto part. Too long of a title. Like "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" and "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of"

This had me rolling! :rotfl

Dave said something like "You weren't supposed to actually say that!" Hilarious. I forget what the actual Uncool Name was.

Dave said something like "You weren't supposed to actually say that!" Hilarious. I forget what the actual Uncool Name was.

Cool Name: The Edge

Uncool Name: The Itch

Too long of a title. Like "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" and "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of"

I thought the long titles worked fine within the context of the songs for ATYCLB, but on Atomic, there are a couple of places where you can tell he's trying to fit in a long phrase and it's just too many words. it seems like he had the saying or sentence and then wrote a song around it instead of having the chords and melody and writing lyrics to it.

I'm liking the new album more and more actually. I have never seen U2 in concert before. Growing up in Colorado I have a lot of friends that were at the famous foggy Red Rocks show way back when and I have to hear about it all the time. Bastards.

U2 on Good Morning America

This morning, U2 played a short gig for Good Morning America. It took place on the steps of Keating Hall at Fordham University in New York. The setlist was:

1. Get On Your Boots

2. Magnificent

3. Crazy Tonight

The band took a short break and then returned to play:

4. Beautiful Day

5. Breathe

6. Vertigo

Before Crazy Tonight, Bono remarked that U2 had gotten into a band to get out of going to university. This was followed by some banter about what Larry would have majored in had he gone to university, and about Adam's current obsession with filming things. The song itself was dedicated to the university, especially Friday nights.

At the end of Beautiful Day, the Elevation Tour's "goal is soul" chant returned.

$55 is awesome. I was expecting them to follow Springsteen and bump them up to $100 this time.

I bought a $60 ticket for Springsteen at Nassau....what do you mean he bumped it to $100?

Most Springsteen tickets on this tour range from $55-95

Saw U2 again last night on Lettermen. Oh, and there they are again on Good Morning America.

Look, there's Bono in his black jeans, shirt and jacket.....AGAIN. And there's the Edge with his fuckin knit cap....AGAIN. Look, Bono's strutting and posin' around the stage....AGAIN.

Maybe these guys need to change their style just a tiny bit? It's bad enought that their new music is flat and/or repetitve, but why must they look exactly the same every damn time I see them?

(I think I need a break from the U2)

And on a Saturday.

I'm curious about where the 10,000 $30 tickets for each show are located, since in the sentence preceding they say that the seats closest to the stage are the cheapest ... and then they say that field level is $55. Maybe seats are $55 and GA is $30? Other way around? No idea.

I bought a $60 ticket for Springsteen at Nassau....what do you mean he bumped it to $100?

Most Springsteen tickets on this tour range from $55-95

I could've sworn I paid almost $100 for the ticket I bought last year...I'm not 100% sure because I ended up being really sick and wasn't able to go. I remember thinking when I was buying it "So this is what I can expect to pay for U2 on the next tour."

Saw U2 again last night on Lettermen. Oh, and there they are again on Good Morning America.

Look, there's Bono in his black jeans, shirt and jacket.....AGAIN. And there's the Edge with his fuckin knit cap....AGAIN. Look, Bono's strutting and posin' around the stage....AGAIN.

Maybe these guys need to change their style just a tiny bit? It's bad enought that their new music is flat and/or repetitve, but why must they look exactly the same every damn time I see them?

(I think I need a break from the U2)

when looking at the pics on/in the album i wondered:

how many pictures are there of the four of them amongst some barren landscape looking stoic?