Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Wow! This has been a pretty special, unprecedented tour for U2. 5 songs that aren't on any album have been performed:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar (sounds more like Depeche Mode meets 60s surf rock)

2. Glastonbury

3. North Star

4. Every Breaking Wave

5. Mercy

Sadly, my external hardrive shit the bed or else I would have downloaded almost all of these shows. I'm liking the "spontaneity" of this tour.

Someone wants to sell some more tickets in the U.S. :ninja

Wow! This has been a pretty special, unprecedented tour for U2. 5 songs that aren't on any album have been performed:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar (sounds more like Depeche Mode meets 60s surf rock)

2. Glastonbury

3. North Star

4. Every Breaking Wave

5. Mercy

Sadly, my external hardrive shit the bed or else I would have downloaded almost all of these shows. I'm liking the "spontaneity" of this tour.

Someone wants to sell some more tickets in the U.S. :ninja

I agree. I wonder how the crowd is reacting in that huge arena environment.

Achtung Baby remastered reissue in 2011?

&

U2 Working on 4 Projects

1. Songs Of Ascent which is being rumored to be out by the end of 2010. There's even a very recent pic of a European music site with U2 - To Be Confirmed listed for November 8th of this year.

2. "a rock album" (I wonder if this is the scrapped Rick Rubin record from a few years back?)

3. "a club music album"

4. Spider-Man musical soundtrack

Really looking forward to the Achtung Baby remaster. It's an album that's both timeless and ties to a specific time in my life. Some great b-sides that could be on there too like "Lady With the Spinning Head," "Salomé" and "Where Did It All Go Wrong". And there's all of the Berlin demos that were stolen/leaked. And the groundbreaking ZooTV tour. I'd love to hear more of Bono and the Edge's score from the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of "A Clockwork Orange." They've only ever released "Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk / Korova 1." I bet the rest is just as good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBEEtEZUF34

Might be fun to release a combo Achtung Baby and Zooropa, since they're so much tied together.

My guess is that the Rock album and Club Music album are just hyperbole from Bono, but I do think we'll see some sort of new album next year.

Some great b-sides that could be on there too like "Lady With the Spinning Head," "Salomé" and "Where Did It All Go Wrong". And there's all of the Berlin demos that were stolen/leaked. And the groundbreaking ZooTV tour.

My guess is that the Rock album and Club Music album are just hyperbole from Bono, but I do think we'll see some sort of new album next year.

1. I think a few of those were on the 1990-2000 Best Of 2nd disc. Maybe it was the remix version of Lady With The Spinning Head? But I do know that I have those on my Achtung Baby cd singles. :thumbup

And the covers of Paint Of Black and Fortunate Son that were on the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses cd single.

I have the Berlin demos on a bootleg 3 cd set titled Salome. I really need to dig that out of my closet and upload it to iTunes. There's so much amazing stuff on there like Doctor Doctor, Heaven & Hell, & Take You Down.

I also have a pro shot bootleg (a warmup shoot for the upcoming '92 Fox/MTV 1 hour special) of the 1992 August 16th Zoo TV Outside Broadcast tour in Washington, D.C. that is amazing. I'd love to see that as the bonus dvd. It's a nice companion piece to the Live In Sydney show, since it features Bad followed by Sunday Bloody Sunday (which were only played once on the same show on the tour), Desire & Ultraviolet (with Bono as the Mirrorball Man). EDIT: I seriously hope that they don't put on the Adelaide show that was filmed a week before that Syndey show in 1993. It's got the same setlist, even though it is much more relaxed and angry at times. The most memorable part was during Bullet The Blue Sky when Bono screams "America!!!" and turns to go and run down the catwalk, well he trips and falls down and ends up singing the majority of Running To Stand Still on his back. That was pretty awesome and exciting. There's also a Basel, Switzerland Zooropa show that was pro shot and is on youtube in its' entirety that features MacPhisto doing Desire & Ultraviolet. So yeah there are a few options out there for some live stuff.

2. I'm flip floppy on a new album timeline. I think this year seems better, especially if they want to release Achtung next year in time for a 20 year anniversary.

I have the Berlin demos on a bootleg 3 cd set titled Salome. I really need to dig that out of my closet and upload it to iTunes. There's so much amazing stuff on there like Doctor Doctor, Heaven & Hell, & Take You Down.

Yes, please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great song above this post.

Pittsburgh U2 fans the band just announced a show at Heinz Field for July 26th, 2011. Tix on sale this monday at 10am.

Also, expected to be added soon are shows in Baltimore, Nashville & Boston (aka Gillette Stadium in Foxboro).

I wonder if these guys will ever get around to doing a b-sides/rarities compilation (preferably a box set with at least 4 or 5 discs). Or maybe they're throwing the best of that stuff onto the deluxe reissues.

U2 and REM are two bands in desperate need of a big, fat, comprehensive rarities compilation.

Yeah. U2 has been very generous in terms of releasing B-sides onto any "Best Of" or Remastered editions that they have been releasing. They even give out nice "Rare" compilations through their U2.com website. (But it costs about $50 per year and isn't worth getting unless U2 tours that year and you get 1st crack at tix. Other than that you find those rare fanclub cds on ebay for hefty prices. Even I missed out on some nice ones like the Zoo TV show from Syndey which I happen to have on bootleg with FM radio sound. It's ok, but not professional) The one given out in 2009 had a lot of rare stuff on it from the All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions through the How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb sessions called U2 - Medium, Rare & Remastered.

Don't forget that they released that digital boxset through iTunes about 5 years ago that was massive. It was almost worth the $99 for the rare and concert stuff.

I'm expecting another Best Of 2000-2010 either next year or 2012. I'm guessing 2012 because U2 is supposed to remaster & reissue Achtung Baby next year which should have some amazing stuff on it.

They already have - if you count these:

U2 Compilation albums

I see your point. I guess I'd just like to see a comprehensive non-limited-edition, or not-limited-to-fan-club-members-only, sort of release that is on CD, not iTunes. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for one.

You know who else is long overdue for a comprehensive, non-limited-edition rariries compilation besides the aforementioned U2 and REM? The Flaming Lips. :rock I remember reading an interview with Wayne in which he said he dislikes rarities comps and has no interest in the Lips releasing one. Too bad. There's tons of rare and unreleased Lips tunes.

Yeah. U2 has been very generous in terms of releasing B-sides onto any "Best Of" or Remastered editions that they have been releasing. They even give out nice "Rare" compilations through their U2.com website. (But it costs about $50 per year and isn't worth getting unless U2 tours that year and you get 1st crack at tix. Other than that you find those rare fanclub cds on ebay for hefty prices. Even I missed out on some nice ones like the Zoo TV show from Syndey which I happen to have on bootleg with FM radio sound. It's ok, but not professional) The one given out in 2009 had a lot of rare stuff on it from the All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions through the How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb sessions called U2 - Medium, Rare & Remastered.

Don't forget that they released that digital boxset through iTunes about 5 years ago that was massive. It was almost worth the $99 for the rare and concert stuff.

I'm expecting another Best Of 2000-2010 either next year or 2012. I'm guessing 2012 because U2 is supposed to remaster & reissue Achtung Baby next year which should have some amazing stuff on it.

What do you think will be on that U2:Duals disc? Or is it obvious as it seems?

I'm not sure really. I can't think of anything past When Love Comes To Town, Miss Sarjevo, Slow Dancing & The Saints Are Marching. All of which are easily findable on any U2 Best Of compilation.

I'm guessing there will be some tunes that feature Bono with some artists.

It's too bad that I can't find a wiki link with this search query.

I wonder if they'll finally release the version of Miami featuring Allen Ginsberg from that ABC special they did around the time Pop came out. I have a less than stellar mp3 of it but would love to have it in better quality.

They'll be closing the U.S. leg of the tour next summer with a show in Pittsburgh July 26. Tickets go on sale Monday. I'm thinking of going, but I'll have to hope I can find a ticket later, because there's no way I'm buying a concert ticket that far in advance :stunned

U2 Working with Danger Mouse, Will.i.am on New Albums

U2 will likely follow 2009's "No Line on the Horizon" with an album primarily produced by Danger Mouse, according to Bono. The Irish rock outfit's frontman told Australian publication The Age that U2 is prepping three new albums, with the Danger Mouse (real name: Brian Burton) project possibly arriving in early 2011.

"We have about 12 songs with him," says Bono. "At the moment that looks like the album we will put out next because it's just happening so easily."

Danger Mouse is best known for his work with Gnarls Barkley, Broken Bells and for the 2004 Jay-Z/Beatles mashup "The Grey Album."

Bono also revealed that the band is working on a "club" record that will recall "U2's remixes in the 1990s." Will.i.am, David Guetta and producer RedOne are all involved with the project.

A possible third album would feature the material that Bono and guitarist the Edge penned for the upcoming Broadway musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark." "We haven't convinced the rest of the band to do that yet," says Bono.

U2 will bring its U2 360 tour to Australia in December before returning to North America in mid-May. Previews for "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" are set to begin on Nov. 14.