Good news for U2 fans..

Can't wait to hear the rest, especially Glasvegas' "Acrobat," My favorite track. Anyone know anything about this band?

I didn't, but I googled them and listened to a couple of minutes of

, and I assume their version of Acrobat sounds something like it.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Thanks for posting. Love it. Still love the original more, of course. Can't wait to hear the rest, especially Glasvegas' "Acrobat," My favorite track. Anyone know anything about this band?

I bought the song Geraldine by them about 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. I guess you can say that the guitar sound is very similar to The Edge. They also opened for U2.

Last night I somehow found myself watching PJ20 and From The Sky Down (which is easily traceable on youtube.). I really felt let down by the U2 doc. It only spent about a 1/3 of the time discussing Achtung Baby and in that time it talked about Sick Puppy (which eventually became Mysterious Ways), then they talked about how One came out of Mysterious Ways' 2nd bridge, then they briefly showed U2 doing Zoo TV then it quickly finished. Yeah, they showed the band recreating some of the songs, but it all felt like Davis Guggenheim was a hired hand to do a doc on this album but wound up using a lot of old (even unused) footage of Rattle & Hum. I understand that he was trying to put it into context how much U2 changed their sound from their previous album possibly due to the backlash that Rattle & Hum caused, but it felt like way too much time was spent on that and their whole history.

PJ20, on the other hand, definitely felt like it was done by a huge diehard fan and was made in such an exhilarating way that you really believe that they were the best band ever (while watching it, of course). The footage and song placement was really flawlessly done, although their last 3 albums feel like secrets that only the "real fans" know about since there is no mention of them.

What was interesting was how similar U2 & Pearl Jam were with dealing with certain issues like fame and the possible resulting breakup from that pressure.

Honestly, I don't even think that Guggenheim is a real fan because he lost a huge opportunity to really explore Achtung Baby and Zoo TV (Bono's characters/satellite linkups with Bosnia etc) and what type of impact that had on the world and particularly their future.

Edit: I saw 3 replies while I was typing this up and was going to post Garbage's Who's Gonna Ride Your WIld Horses?. I didn't know that other songs were also popping up. I couldn't find those earlier this morning.

Hmm. Glasvegas' Acrobat sounds an awful lot like a Deftones' song. The guy even sounds like Chino Moreno.

I've read a lot of what they are talking about in the U2 by U2 book.

That's a great book. Along with the "U2 Show" book.

the Damien Rice cover of One is interesting. Not a horrible rendition, but he changed a bunch of the pronouns in the song. Changes the whole tone of the song from being accusatory to more introspective.

Nice! I can pay $50 to get this "Rare" double live disc of the 360 Tour from U2.com (sacrasm).......

U2360°. 110 shows. 30 countries. 7 million fans.

It was the tour that broke all the records and right now on our subscriber site voting has opened to select the tracks that will appear on 'U22', a live double-CD and the ultimate U2360° setlist.

Over 26 months the band performed songs from their most recent album No Line On The Horizon all the way back to Boy, their debut, playing at least 22 tracks a night.

So what were the stand-out songs? The tracks which defined this tour ? Is there a song you could never leave out of a U2 set? What surprised you on U2360° and what track never failed to deliver?

Become a subscriber to U2.com and cast your vote today. When the voting period is over we'll reveal the final tracklisting and subscribers will receive their own copy of 'U22', presented in a specially commissioned gatefold sleeve.

'U22' is a limited-edition release for U2.com subscribers.

To find our more about the exclusive music, content and offers that are part of a U2.com paid subscription, check out all the details.

Subscribe now and start voting on your ultimate U2360° setlist.

~~~~~~~~~~~While I admire this idea, I hate to have to pay a hefty fee for just this and the extremely slim chance of U2 hitting the road again and getting first crack at tickets. I'll have to try ebay for the collector in me or bit torrent for me me.

@JCroach: Any leads on the Jacques Lu Cont Mix for Even Better Than The Real Thing? I wonder how much of U2 is left in that mix to make this a true tribute disc because I was surprised to see no one take a crack at this song.

Yeah, this does nothing for me.

I'm annoyed that I probably won't be buying the re-issue of Achtung Baby any time soon. If I was to buy one of the editions I'd probably get the Super Deluxe Edition. Amazon has it for $120. Ok, so buy groceries for a week or repurchase songs I mostly already own......

One More. i think the only one I haven't heard yet is the Remix of Even Better Than The Real Thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ttYw92CWE

I'm going to have to pick this Magazine/Disc up tomorrow. How hard is it to find in the US?

That's a great book. Along with the "U2 Show" book.

the Damien Rice cover of One is interesting. Not a horrible rendition, but he changed a bunch of the pronouns in the song. Changes the whole tone of the song from being accusatory to more introspective.

I actually bought it in an airport. I also have the book Unforgettable Fire by Eamon Dunphy.

I can't say I am interested in hearing a band cover U2. I can't imagine anyone but U2 playing U2 songs.

I'm going to have to pick this Magazine/Disc up tomorrow. How hard is it to find in the US?

Most indie record stores and Barnes & Noble carry the magazine.

I'm not so sure if it will be available to us in the U.S. tomorrow.

One thing that's always frustrated me about U2 is their unwillingness to release a comprehensive live album once in a while. I remember getting my hands on the "Outside Broadcast" disk that someone posted above (I can't get the new links to work, unfortunately) and being blown away by the energetic renditions of songs like "Mysterious Ways" and "Until the End of the World." Likewise, as someone who likes "POP" and enjoyed the Popmart tour, I always thought live versions of "Gone", "Please", and "Last Night on Earth" exceed the recorded versions.

I'm aware that it's possible to scrape together live songs through single B-sides and the like, but it floors me that they did not put together a "Live Best of 1990-2000" or something, at least (back when they were releasing their Greatest Hits comps). Or, failing that, put out an official Zoo TV Live cd that chooses the best versions of a typical setlist from 1993 or something.

Instead, we get these fanclub only things that are well and good, but...I dunno. For one they are hard to get ahold of (anyone have the files for "Hasta La Vista Baby"?

Mystifying.

I actually bought it in an airport. I also have the book Unforgettable Fire by Eamon Dunphy.

I can't say I am interested in hearing a band cover U2. I can't imagine anyone but U2 playing U2 songs.

I actually have a pretty large U2 library. Bill Flanagan's "U2: At the End of the World", and Alan Carter's "U2: The Road to Pop" are both good also.

One that's better than you might expect is Dianne Ebertt Beeaff's "A Grand Madness, Ten Years on the Road with U2" written from a fan's perspective.

I have a copy of Neil McCormick's "Killing Bono" but I've never finished it. I need to go back and read it.